We be off again.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
On Sunday 31st, @sly and myself will be fishing my local club waters, South Kirkby Pit ponds. Sorry to say that these are Members Only waters so can't send out invitations. Yes, @sly has chosen to join and I've even put him on the hottest peg (if he gets here without getting lost). Anyone can turn up and watch our amazing skills at emptying a swim...of weeds, branches, pond weed etc. Pole and tip rod are the best methods here so will be setting up the waggler rod. Will post how we get on. :upthumb:

@sly dare'nt beat me on this one, I'm the bailiff. :LOL:

Last edited:

Total

Site Supporter
........Anyone can turn up and watch our amazing skills at emptying a swim...of weeds, branches, pond weed etc.........

^^ It sounds like a mini work party to me! :love::LOL::giggle:

Enjoy your day Gentlemen and look forward to reading your impending reports. (y);)

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Impending reports, quite possibly someone's impending doom ???

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Sorry for the delay, been a tad busy here.

Well, we got there to find it cold and a bit breezy, yet the water felt warm. We both went on the feeder and about an hour in, I was fishless but @sly was catching some nice Ide. @Geoff P turned up for a look and a chat, also took video's of the ponds.
I bit the bullet and set up on the pole thinking if they aren't feeding on the deck then they must be up in the water, set up a shallow rig...and nothing. In the meantime @sly was still getting Ide and Roach, though the bites were long in coming. The pole was beginning to get results having set it up for 2 inch over-depth and the fish were finally getting hungry. At one point it was a bite a drop and my catch rate increased with putting together a nice bag of silvers with Roach, Gudgeon, Ide, Skimmers and a nice Bream (which @sly has a pic of) and something that I didn't get sight of as it was only stretching the elastic for a few seconds. My own thoughts it was a rather large Bream or a Carp. All falling to single red maggot.
To say that @sly hasn't seen the water before he put up a good show with some very nice Ide and Roach on the feeder where I didn't, He did go on the pole for last 45 mins but not a bite.
I find it strange that all mine were on the pole (nothing on feeder) and all sly's were on the feeder (nothing on the pole), very odd. We had a cold wind in our faces all day, it was getting colder as the day went on, but we battled through it calling it a day at 4.00pm
All in all, a decent days fishing when the weather was against us. Just to boost sly's confidence, when Geoff turned up I obviously wasn't fishing which allowed sly's catch rate to increase a little, it backfired as I put on my match head and turned the tide.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I did pop in to Petes house for a cup of coffee this afternoon to find him pondering over a thesaurus and a dictionary in order to find some long words to use in his report, I see he failed to find any he understood. :p:);)

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I did pop in to Petes house for a cup of coffee this afternoon to find him pondering over a thesaurus and a dictionary in order to find some long words to use in his report, I see he failed to find any he understood. :p:);)

There's a good reason for that, I thought a thesaurus was some type of dinosaur. :giggle::whistle: The only long word I know is Elastic, it stretch's for miles. :LOL:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I'm surprised @sly hasn't commented yet. Just goes to show what a day on the club waters can do to you. o_O:whistle::ROFLMAO:

Total

Site Supporter
@ukzero1 .......Your report seems to be a 'mirror' of our club match yesterday. (y)......The cold wind certainly knocked our lake, despite warm water. I caught most of my weight on the feeder, my mate, next peg, (decent open angler) could only catch on the pole. :unsure::giggle:

......Or maybe I need to improve my pole fishing! :D:giggle:

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
the biggest,monumentalist,mick taking downer of the day was when @pete told me the cafe didn`t open on sundays:
not surprisingly pete was set up first,not surprisingly pete was in first,not surprisingly pete caught first or so i thought,what was a fish was his feeder coming in,both been sat there for a while fishless when my tip went for a wander,a fish on and before pete as well,out came a nice ide about a pound,that was it i was off a couple more ide came in and pete was still catching nowt,moved on to method and pellet tried 4mm,6mm,sweetcorn and even white wafters bugga all,got pole out (more out of desperation than owt else) had a few small out on maggot so went back on maggot feeder,all the while pete had started catching up fish wise with me,@geoff turned up to say hello,stood watching me for a bit then said "fish shallow on pole and spray maggots out and take the ide of the top"me thinks i will try that,but had another ide out on feeder and forgot all about it,decided to go back on pellet but used a shotgun feeder instead caught a couple more ide but by this time pete was running away with the fish tally so as a last resort got pole out again size 14 hook 2 grains of corn and fished the margins for the last 45 minuets bugga all,the other 2 downers were,losing yet another bluetooth earpiece two in two trips and dropping a rod butt end in the water as i unscrewed it off box leg,all in all not a bad day the mick taking was there as usual and to give @geoff credit not once did he mention the fact that he has got a big red button and is not afraid to use it :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Low blow ! ??
i agree,that was lower than a rattlesnakes belly in a wheel rut :LOL::LOL: