waters in South Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris grant

Anyone fished either of these 2 waters - Tri Nant near LLantrisant
or Trefaldau near Monmouth - Are they any good - seen a report about Tri Nant which is a fairly new fishery - a match was held there by a club up in Merthyr and the winning weights were around 26lb abd second and third weights were high doubles - with some waters winning weights look good but sometimes one or tow bag up and the rest struggle, particualrly at this time of year

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
sry chris i cant help you but i know a man who can?[:D]
ring gary evans tackle shop telephone number is 02920619828 and ask for colin/richard im sure these with give you up to date info
there base is 109 whitchurch rd heath in cardiff

poleroller2003

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Chris, I have fished Tri nant a few times from the end of last summer, as you said it is a very new fishery and the owner has stocked it with all the usual fish, the biggest carp came out in sept/oct at just under 10lb (it is known that this is the biggest in there) none of the spicies have been stocked with specimin fish, but it is maturing nicley, the last time I fished it was just before christmas.

When I spoke to the regulars I was told to feed lots of pellet as this is what the fish were used to (the owner was feeding a lot of them before the fishing realy got started). It is a nice fishery with an elonggated fig of eight with the island in the midle form the island to the sides is very narrow but it is a fair cast from either end. There should be a few reports in the where you fished today section but dont ask me which volume lol there is also a pub come B+B on site.

There is a some talk that he is turning one of the bigger Trout lakes over to Coarse, if he dose then in a very short time we will have a very nice place to fish

Dai Fish

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dai,
I am now mobile. Have car - can and will travel.

I will have to try this Tri-nant place. Is that the lake you were talking about before?

I am going to White Springs on Sunday, weather permiting but can be charmed in to going elsewhere if my company is needed. [8D]

See you soon.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

chris grant

Dai - I will take a look up there can you give me directions - would be coing to LLatrisant from the m4 at Miskin

Dibber

Hello Chris,
The easiest way to reach Tri-Nant from the M4 is as follows :- Take J34, Head towrds Talbot Green/Llantrisant, through two sets of traffic lights, at the large roudabout head straight on. Straight through another two sets of traffic lights and straight on at the next roundabout. Your now heading towards Llantrisant Industrial estate. When you reach the next round about take the third left off and head into the indutrial estate. Take the first left after the Royal Mint, this takes you into a country lane, continue for about 2 miles until you come Rhywfelin old folks home on your left, at the home turn right. Go down the lane until the road bares left and Tri-Nant is on your right. This seems long winded but it's the easiest and safest route. There are a few other fisheries in the area, if you need any info give me a shout.

Dibber

anyexcuse

Hi Geoff

Might be tempted to fire up the van if you're drowning the wriggly things this w/end.Let me know where you're going and we can start a convoy.

Tight Lines

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,

I believe I gave you my number call me, I think it will be Sunday cos the forecast for Saturday looks bad. I am prepared to go anywhere just to see if my new wheels like fishing.

Geoff

chris grant

Cheers Dibber - I might get over there on Sunday afternoon to take a look - I tend not to fish through the bad winter weather these days - have had to many years of it - going soft as I get older. Do you fish Warren Mill - you used to fish years ago when I was with Glamorgan Rebels Match Group - might give that one whirl as well

Dibber

Yes Chris i've fished Warren Mill many times, but sadly I heared recently that a lot of the big Carp and Bream were sold to a Llanelli club, so what the current form is I don't know. I am a member of Glamorgam Anglers and their waters are very good value for money if you want the web address let me know. Another water to try is Lysworney nr Cowbridge, has a good head of Carp to 25lb and lots of other species including Barbel, I don't think it's open mid week now though, so it's a weekend thing i'm affraid and it can get quite busy too.

Dibber

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Dibber, I was a member of Glamorgan anglers last year and very much enjoyed fishing Troes in Bridgend, I did not rejoin this year after a bit of a falling out with them.

Dai Fish

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anyexcuse and myself are fishing White Springs again this Sunday if any one is interested.

Geoff

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
What time you going Geoff, I might be able to join you

Dai Fish

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dai

You have a PM