waterproofs

Status
Not open for further replies.

manta

went to fish a match last week at rudyard lake, we all set up & were ready to start fishing, the only trouble was... the hurricane stopped us & the match was cancelled[:(]. i soon realised that the bib & brace & coat i was wearing were not very waterproof[V]. in fact they were useless[V] & i was soaked to the skin. can any angler out there recommend some decent waterproofs, as this could be a good xmas present.[:)]

ray

hiya manta, i use a sunridge -10 suit, very very good, strong, wind/waterproof, lots of pockets, warm as hell.

in the summer i use the shakespeare bib and brace, comfy and waterproof.

have a good look around as there are loads on the market.

if every angler picked up one piece of rubbish every outing, the banks would be spotless???
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Manta,
For the last couple of years i've been using a MAP 2 piece suit which is now due for replacement.
I've heard some very good reports about the TR range of clothing from PROTAK,and a couple of the lads in my club have just got sets of the new DRITECH gear from Preston Innovations.

Have a look HERE for Protak
and HERE for Preston Innovations

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

matt

Manta, i use the Garbolino clothing which i believe is the same as the MAP but in different colours. you can get bib n brace and jacket with separate zip in fleece for around 100 quid and i have had no problems with this[:D]

HEY DUDE............
[img]https://www.maggotdrowning.com/smilies/afro.gif

angler-mark

Hi Manta,

I wear a Protak bib and brace and a jacket. They really do keep the rain out and also they are very warm. Wouldn't be without them.

Tight Lines

Mark

MALC

Hi Manta

As a few have already stated the Protak TR range is spot on and it's cheap.

But if money is not a problem then the best is the Halkon-Hunt Gore Tex but it is very dear.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

scouse

'River Man'
HI MANTA
look no further than
vdh coat and bib & brace
great value[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

manta

[:)]thanks guys for all your replies, i will do some shopping around having taken note of your ideas, after that i'll tap the missus up for an extra xmas present.[;)]

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Preston Inovations suit for me every time breathable 100% waterproof and comes with free removeable fleece for those colder days / nights if you want one ring Brian at Lostock Tackle and tell him Allan from chorley reccomended you he will knock a few quid of for you 01772 626585 hope this helps

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Status
Not open for further replies.