Waterproof luggage

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Mosella eva is waterproof, but I don’t think anyone makes a fully waterproof holdall yet.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I had the Garbolino g-max which was very waterproof, but on a very wet day a small amount got in Around the zips. I now have the guru and if you lay it zips down it is very waterproof, but not fully waterproof, inevitably around the zips a small amount gets in. Both were/are great holdalls.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
isn't all the new EVA luggage (preston, guru, browning) etc waterproof ?

Seems a hell of a lot of money if it isn't and not sure then of their wipe clean status ?

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Seems that eva is waterproof but zips are the problem area. The question is if your holdall sits in a 3 " puddle would it still be waterproof.
In a raging storm lashing rain then the need will be how to stop water ingress via the zip.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
The Drennan holdall has a solid plastic tray anout 2" deep in the base, so at least that should prevent ingress of water if it's dumped in a puddle.

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Yeh Eva is but the zip issue as highlighted and it’s mainly the pole hold-all I can’t find waterproof but the guru looks to be looking at their website

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Its fishing gear... we fish in the rain, ergo it'll get wet... live with it.... you'll be wanting waterproof keepnets next :p

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The zip is always going to be an issue on any luggage no matter how waterproof the outer casing is