Waterline 5D Seatbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabtas

My first try at a review of fishing gear, so be gentle to me [;)]

Waterline 5D seat box cost 250 from Bennets

All aluminium modular construction, with a nice wide (easily detachable) folding footplate
It is made up of 4 sections, 20mm square legs with fitted mud feet
Nice hand friendly rubber coated knobs secure the legs, at the desired height

3 front drawers (1 deep, 2 shallow)

2 full width cross drawers, these only open from the right-hand side, but the whole section can be removed and turned around to enable the drawers to open from the left if desired

All drawers are foam lined and are secured by means of a magnetic catch to the rear, this gives a nice solid hold and need a reassuring tug to open them.
One opened they slide smoothly and can be fully removed with ease for cleaning etc

The seat feature a pole strap at the front, I would have preferred a full pole seat to enable the butt section to be sat on, this seat really needs the use of a spray bar or some other front pole support

Under the seat is a winder compartment, easily big enough to hold 20 30 winders (depending on sizes used)

There is an identical compartment between the two drawer units to hold the same amount is you wish

The base unit has sloping sides, to enable plenty of room for reels etc

All the units are fastened together with securely riveted catches

A nice touch is that these catches also double up as hinges, so each section can accessed from either the front or the rear of the box
Another nice touch is that each section when opened, has a retaining chain to stop it falling back over, this chain can be split by means of a quick release link if you need to remove a module

The box is fitted with a fully adjustable strap, that can be removed from the canvas carry handles, by means of a spring clip

In the centre of this strap is a very generous piece of padding, that incorporates a doubled-up area to stop it cutting into your neck

Looking over the box reveals that all rivets are nice and flush, nothing is loose or rattles, the legs move smoothly and fasten secure. All catches connect with a nice clunk and the seat is very comfortable indeed

Is it worth 250 ????

I would find it very hard to pass comment, as its the first of this type of box I have ever used (previously had a Shakespeare watertank)

But it certainly was worth the 72 quid on ebay, and a tenners worth of petrol to collect it
[:T]

Last edited:

Top Bagger

doesnt it comne with a footplate?? Looks a good box anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

Thom

I liked it until i saw that chain!

They look like something off a hanging basket and i expect they can easily get trapped at the joint of the module.

It looks good for the money paid but not for 250.

tazz

i've got the same box can't fault it[:T]

jabtas

Originally posted by Top Bagger

doesnt it comne with a footplate?? Looks a good box anyway

Yes it does, check out the first pic

I have removed it as I cant quite make my mind up whether to use it or not

I liked it until i saw that chain!

They look like something off a hanging basket and i expect they can easily get trapped at the joint of the module.

It only takes a second to ensure that it doesnt get trapped (not that I have managed to trap it yet), and surely its better to have it fitted to prevent the top section falling all the way back and possibly causing damage

Genus9

We've sold all our stock of them and ordered some more but the 3D came instead, [:(]

Everyone who has had one has said how good they are and have turned down more expensive boxes to have one, [:)]

Oh and incindentally We sold them at 185, [:(]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
My local has sold a few of these, and to be honest, fot the money I think youd be hard pressed to find anything of a similar design that compares.

There are only 2 things about it that I could critisize (from my own perspective)
1. Im not a big fan of is the base unit being made of metal, meaning that anything inside it makes a hell of a noise when it rattles around.(easily sorted by placing a bit of foam in the bottom)

2. It would be even better if it had, at least, the front 4 legs to be telescopic (only because Im a lanky git and need the height without my side tray being sat on the floor[:eek:)])

But, as I say, its a great bit of kit for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.