WATERINGHOLES & FAV . TIPPLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.

Account Locked
HI
we know quite a bit about each other on fishing how about we find the friendly pubs we can visit when we are fishing in different areas
for starters you should all know that my fav tipple is a pint or
two of the blackstuff after a session next to the water
there are only 3 main wateringholes that i use localy
1 - wisbech arms in wisbech
2 - the woadmans in newton nr wisbech
3 - the swan in parson drove nr wisbech
all of above serve a very good pint of my favorite

tight lines.
martin.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
In the US we are very backward. I can't think of a single place I've fished that had a watering hole (er- Pub) in the area anywhere. Bummer.

My poison is Scotch with a tiny bit of water.

Newt Vail

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Now as you know I am against the demon drink. (Mainly on the grounds that I can't always afford it)

I tend to use the social clubs in Swansea cos they are cheaper. One good local pub, the Kings Head in Treboeth does a good line in Sunday lunches and a mean pint of Marstons Pedigree (luverly jubbly)

Otherwise its is normally round a mates for a few tinnies on a Friday and Saturday night.

Even on holiday, i.e. Whiteacres, I tend to take cans and bottles of red wine cos the beer in the club is too dear, too cold and b***** awful, so stick to the caravan. For Ray and Malc, that is 126 in the field opposite the club house. In case you fancy a drink.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mine has to be any of the JD Wetherspoon pubs being a bit frugal
lol, besides that they always seem to have a good pint and a fair range to go at not to mention good, inexpensive grub

Here's their Pub Search

Dave

ray

beer-toast1.gif

at the moment due to work commitments what little time i do have i tend to spend in the house with the missus and a few tinnies, and like mr p, at w/acres i am normally fishing till it gets dark and then back to the caravan for a few beers (budweiser/miller) and get bait/tackle ready for the following day to do it all again.....

p.s. what does margret drink at w/acres geoff??

i dont spoil your fishing, so dont you spoil mine......take your rubbish home.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote: beer-toast1.gif

p.s. what does margret drink at w/acres geoff??

Ray, she said a pint of bitter and thank you very much.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
My favourite drink is Guinness

My favourite place is over there in Eire where they brew it!!

If you have not experienced the laid back friendliness and welcome you receive over there, you wont understand what I mean!

BUT order it 1st in a round!

It will still come last of all, as they know how to pour it and when you receive it order another straight away, It may, just may , then be ready when you are!

Over here, I look for Ice Cold wherever possible, not for the cold, but for the less gas that seems to go with it and finally, I look for the price!
Can't match Dave Scouses 1.49 , or Martins 2

My 2.18 just bearable (Went up to that last week) but 2.75!!!! hurtful at the lower quality.

As for the pub itself!
anywhere that doesnt throw me out in my winter fleece Teddy Bear suit after a hard days fishing!

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

MALC

Favourite watering hole got to be my own kitchen and my favourite tipple is COFFEE!!

Yes you guessed it i don't drink much of the falling over water anymore, gave it up about 16 years ago.

Still have the odd shandy though.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
quote:
Favourite watering hole got to be my own kitchen and my favourite tipple is COFFEE!!

MALC - you have shattered my illusions. I thought for Brits (or is it more properly UKits these days??) it was "a spot of tea".

BTW - how much tea in a spot?

Newt Vail

MALC

Must admitt Newt i'm the only one in our house that drinks coffee as Julie and the kids all drink tea but i even hate the smell of it.

So there is hope for us BRITS yet.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

danzante

Newt,
spot of tea? never heard that one, got to be a southern thing, "a drop a tea" yes! my missus has a "drop a tea" in a litre mug with four sugars almost every hour of the day...

when she's in bed asleep, i drip-feed her,
the poor man's exhausted.

Danny

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Thanks for the info guys.

MALC - big coffee man myself. From get-up to beddy-bye. I do enjoy iced tea in warm weather. The hot stuff gives me a horrible headache though.

The couple of times I've been in the hospital, I had to talk real fast since the first "food" they like to serve here after surgery has hot tea for the beverage and I really wanted my coffee. Took some doing but I managed to convince them both times.

Newt Vail

martin.

Account Locked
dave heres 1 i tried earlier

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Beebs

Has to be Jack Daniels & Coke (preferably Pepsi). No ice, no lemon. Not the ponsy measures you get in Britain, but the monster portions they give you in places like the Spanish Islands. Where you can drink it like a real drink and not like chaser. In Majorca in May, they brought us a bottle of Jack Daniels on a tray with one of those small bottles of Coke, glugged the JD in 'til the glass was about a 1/3 full and left you to add as much coke as you want.
Now that's a nice way to drink.

And you can order it with your breakfast.
And a litre of it was only 11.
Sorry, just drifted off then. Was sitting on a beach with a glass in my hand.

dazb

here's one for you all

THE MD's TAVEN in maggot village semerwater

my tipple's are the old bud or mr carling.

dazb

Wey Back

Suvern Softee!
Harvey's of Lewes for me, "Armada ale", or the seasonal ones like "Southdown Harvest" (September) "Bonfire Boy" (November) and "Winter Warmer" (Nov-Mar)the brewery is along side the river and beers are known locally as "Ouse Booze".
Favourite "watering holes" Plough & Harrow at Litlington, Lamb at Hooe.
I look in the direction of Geoff P for a nod of approval as he will have sampled some in the days when he could afford it!

Cheers & Beers

Mick

Go Maggotdrowning in 1066 Country

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
In an earlier post, I explained that for the best drink anywhere, you have to drink Real Guinness in Ireland and order it first!

Just to prove a point, I took this photo of the back of a barmaids shirt, in Swankys Bar, Main Street, Tarbet, Co. Kerry.
Incidentally, it was on leaving this bar at 1.30 am, that I discovered my smashed headlight!

Now when you go to the MD's chat room, are you aware where you are transported?

Well on leaving Tarbet, You can take a Ferry across the mighty Shannon mouth, which saves you an 85 mile drive from Kerry, through Co. Limerick to get to Co. Clare.
Turn right on leaving the Ferry, ands you come to our Chat Room!

AND they serve Guinness!

See you there!

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Edited by - Ziptrev on 20 July 2002 12:11:25 AM

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello

i have to disagree with you trev , i just hate that black
stuff, the texture i think. budweiser for me, or straight
vodka if im in the mood to get drunk quickly. as far as i
know the reason that the guinness in ireland tastes better
is that it has live yeast in it, whereas in the guinness which
is exported all the yeast has been killed. a useless piece
of info i know.

good drinking.
ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

Simon R

Site Supporter
Well as another Irish guinness lover, I thought I'd post a picture of my favourite Irish pub too.

Its oficial name is Lynch's Grocery & Bar but you may just be able to make out the words Ducome Inn beneath the Guinness advert.

Its situated three or four miles from Cootehill, Co.Cavan in the middle of nowhere alongside Lislalong Lake.

A few years ago there was something of an outcry in this area of Ireland when guinness topped the 2 mark, Paddy the owner of the bar vowed not to put his prices up and we often wondered why his guinness was typically 20p cheaper per pint than in the town.
He let us into his little secret last year - he doesn't serve in pint glasses anymore, he's gone metric and serves his guinness in half-litre glasses (a little smaller than a pint)- fortunately none of the locals have noticed, even though it does say clearly behind the bar that all draught ales are sold by the litre!!

Well 11 days to go and he'll be getting our custom again.
I can almost taste it now!

Simon

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
Harvey's of Lewes for me, "Armada ale", or the seasonal ones like "Southdown Harvest" (September) "Bonfire Boy" (November) and "Winter Warmer" (Nov-Mar)the brewery is along side the river and beers are known locally as "Ouse Booze".
Favourite "watering holes" Plough & Harrow at Litlington, Lamb at Hooe.
I look in the direction of Geoff P for a nod of approval as he will have sampled some in the days when he could afford it!

Cheers & Beers

Mick

Go Maggotdrowning in 1066 Country

Mick,

How many do you want, "The Green Man" at Ringmer, "Black Boys Pub", "The Bell" at Burwash. Harveys Bitter lovely jubbly.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Status
Not open for further replies.