Water proof lace up boots

david white

Site Supporter
Hi as above I’m unable to wear ‘ hot boots ‘ or such like winter wellies ( extremely high instep on one foot ) so does anyone having a similar issue have any experience lace up boots being happy enough to recommend
thanks

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Any boot that has a waterproof tongue be it lace or Velcro will suit. I use a Velcro fastening pair that are no longer available , waterproof and warm but don't expect to wade 6" deep puddles though ?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ive been wearing Magnum boots for fishing and work for a number of years

light, flexible and wear in quick (I have very wide feet)

lined with a goretex material so are warm in winter and cool in summer

prices range from around £30 on ebay to £75 in online shops or the official sites

Freesolo82

I Have a pair of Karrimor lace up boots and they are brilliant, they are nor gortex but have a tag on the side that says "waterproof breathable" and they are just that, I have trudged through waterlogged fields with water coming over the laces a few times and to my amazement my socks have been dry when I take them off

brian carragher

Site Supporter
These; Karrimor Snow Fur Mens Snow Boots | Mens snow boots | SportsDirect.com, are what I use

Brilliant, waterproof and dry and I wont use anything else, been out today in mud and clog and wet pools of water, tootsies warm and dry as always, best order 1 size under your normal shoe size as they're a tad generous

I'm no fair weather out in all sorts from wet underfoot to snow, slop and claggy mud and the boots perform brilliantly

brian carragher

Site Supporter
I'll be out on the riverbank tomorrow and right now all the banks are full of slop, the top layer of mud is slippery wet and claggy and dangerous but I get rel good grip out of my boots, gives me confidence near the edge when I've a decent fish on that needs a bit of pressure to turn it

Bonus being my feet stay warm and dry all day, only need 1 pair of thin socks on too even in the foulest of weather

Dslayer

dslayer
Hi as above I’m unable to wear ‘ hot boots ‘ or such like winter wellies ( extremely high instep on one foot ) so does anyone having a similar issue have any experience lace up boots being happy enough to recommend
thanks

My boots are HiGear ones from Go Outdoors, no problems ever with them.... ?

GeoffW

Site Supporter
Have a look at Altberg Defenders
Made in UK and issued to our military. You can pick them up on Ebay new in box for £60/£70
100% waterproof and comfortable

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Another shoot for karrimor boots. Ofsten at sale price too. Go into sports direct, try them on and order from them online for the discount.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I bought some cheap Campri snowboots, i loved mine they took a proper beating from me sadly they lost a fight with some rusty old barbwire that was in a bit of seriously overgrown bankside vegitation.... i really do need to get some more!

Even though they are fleece lined i still paired them up with some sealand fleece wellie liners, most of the time i'd have to take the liners off because my feet would be soaked from the sweat!

david white

Site Supporter
I bought some cheap Campri snowboots, i loved mine they took a proper beating from me sadly they lost a fight with some rusty old barbwire that was in a bit of seriously overgrown bankside vegitation.... i really do need to get some more!

Even though they are fleece lined i still paired them up with some sealand fleece wellie liners, most of the time i'd have to take the liners off because my feet would be soaked from the sweat!

Ain’t just the way size 10 nil stock thanks for the info though