Water Divining

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We've a couple of plumbers on our job and they have to excavate a hole to expose the water main as they need to make a connection to it.

The only problem is locating the supply pipe.
Hang on a minute, Ive got an app for that ses I as I produce a spirit level app on my phone, the type with a bubble and a circle.
A bit of a wander around to 'locate' the pipe, bubble in the centre of the circle, and there you go, happy digging :D

Screenshot_20191202-125130_Bubble.jpg

Wise Owl

Account Locked
We once told the young labourer he could use the Electric Shovel if he was earthed, he asked how ? so we told him with not having rubber soles on we would have to put a piece of wire up his arse so it touched the floor ??he said f()k that I’ll dig it by hand ????

Total

Site Supporter
I must give that a try Dave. :oops:......Ya learn something new everyday! ;):giggle:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I'm not sure that will work. But then I'm not a builder/plumber.

Neil mate some of the stuff we do you would think we are working with Dianne Abbott, we've had em trying to bump a stihl saw, i had on lad stood behind me with a bucket of water catching the Sparks of the grinder, we once turned the Electric off and convinced the young lad he had to go to the post office with a pound to get it back on :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Years ago a friend of mine was trying to find the course of a land drain that discharged into his lake because things were planned for the adjacent field so he got a Water Diviner in to look.
He told me afterwards that a guy turned up with two bent metal rods so he quizzed him a bit on how accurate his results would be and guy insisted if water was flowing he would find it.
He traced the drain back from the lake into the field where he said the drain fanned out into several more drains but there was no sign on the surface so my mate stuck several markers in the ground to check his work.
A few days later he got someone in to excavate the area to see and sure enough the course of the drain was there and a junction with three working drains plus a further two dry ones which all dated back to the 18th century when the land formed part of a country estate.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Years ago a friend of mine was trying to find the course of a land drain that discharged into his lake because things were planned for the adjacent field so he got a Water Diviner in to look.
He told me afterwards that a guy turned up with two bent metal rods so he quizzed him a bit on how accurate his results would be and guy insisted if water was flowing he would find it.
He traced the drain back from the lake into the field where he said the drain fanned out into several more drains but there was no sign on the surface so my mate stuck several markers in the ground to check his work.
A few days later he got someone in to excavate the area to see and sure enough the course of the drain was there and a junction with three working drains plus a further two dry ones which all dated back to the 18th century when the land formed part of a country estate.

stikflote

Site Supporter
i can do it with two pieces of welding rod asa you walk they will cross over each other ,i gave them to a friend said here you have ago ,

he chucked em on ground and said f***k that its black magic ,i laughd all day even now when i think of him ,sadly he s no longer with us

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I left the job at 5:00pm and they were still digging lol