was i right to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

perksy2007

Perksy
i work at patshull fishery. and about 2 hours ago we had a angler that payed his money to fish for the day. i issued his ticket and told him i would be down to the lake later to see if he is catching. i had a walk down to find him stabing a eel. i ran up to his peg and asked what the hell he thought he was doing. he replied that he didn't like them. i was gob smacked. i then asked him to pack up and leave in case he didnt like any other fish that he might catch. was this the wrong thing to do. will i get a boloking off my manager incase he complains about me?

peter9000uk

You did the right thing as far as I am concerned, in fact I woyuld have gone so far as to tell he not to darken the fishery's doorstep ever again

pegasus

benny
dont worry about it mate i would have done the same thing.
if your manager gives you a beasting for it then he`s not worthy of his job.

piroflip

well done perksy, this is the kind of slimeball that gets angling a bad name.
throw the tw** in if you see him again.

newies_maggots

no chance...

that bloke is a complete dick, i hate eels, but you learn how to handle them, not hard...

theres people i dont like, but i dont go around stabbing them..

if my fishery mate, id ban him, thats bang out of order.

if your manager bollllocks you, id slap him aswell..

you did the right thing.

BIG BRY

I think your actions were spot on" i would go see your gaffer and explain why you removed that idiot from your site.

bakuzz

Well done mate! Like other say, you learn how to handle them, i dont like some people i work with, but that doesn't mean i'm going to stab them...

People like that don't deserve to fish!

tallboyjim

knows nowt
Account Locked
You were totally right, and as you didnt mention raised voices or threats of violence in your post I'm assuming you did it in a calm and polite manner. 5 Stars !

Benji

Account Locked
Is there a sign at your fishery notifying that no fish are to be removed, in which if your manager gives it some lip, just point out you were enforcing the rules, which is one of your points of employment.

phil-k

Makes my blood boil when you hear of people doing stupid things like that.
I think you did well.[;)]

Ady

Formerly Adymon
I would have laid him out there and then.

I do not like eels's, unfortunately, id go so far as to call them a pest on my canal, but they get the same respect and care as every single one of my fish and are returned in the best possible fashion.

To see someone stabbing one would make me sick.

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
You've done the right thing there mate,just tell the gaffer what you did,if he's got anything about him he'll back you all the way,if not at least you know in yourself that you did the right thing and can walk away with your head held high.

logical

Spot on what you done mate, You just cant treat fish like that just because you dont like them.
Im sure your manager will agree with you aswell.

Last edited:

bibbm002

i think the guy got off lightley lol you did the right thing well done mate [:D]

midge99

Only just seen this and I totally agree with all the other, but I do like eels

strat2

stab him see how he likes it and say in court " i didnt like him"

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
You were absolutely right! Well done, your manager should be glad he has you working for him.

16Ewasko

It does make you wonder doesn't it and you did quite well to keep your calm as I would have asked him to leave and never come back. I don't really like Man Utd Fans but I wouldn't stab one, neither do I like eels but as every fish I catch they go straight back in the same condition they come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.