WARNING !WARNING! ZIPTREV IS BACK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.

Account Locked
HI ALL
I was just going through site before i went to match & on the go fishing topic last entry at 06-27 by ZIPTREV.
WELCOME back trev i cant wait to read all about it.
band.gif beer-toast1.gif

tight lines.
martin.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ditto Martin, thought I would catch a quick glimpse before i hit White Springs.

Gonna go NOW before he starts posting and i am stuck indoors reading all day.

Nice to see you're back Trev (It is better looking than your front)LOL

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Polepot

Poles
Welcome back Trev,

jump.gif

You have 7 days of postings to catch up on. Don't let me down I'm expecting loads of news and incedent. Peter Andy & I have a bet.

Poles

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good to see you back Trev,awaiting your report with 48 bottles of Bud and a comfy chair roflmao.gif

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Yep , I'm back!
Hi all and thanks for the greetings!

Please excuse me for a while as ferry docked at 1.15 AM ands I got home at 4.22!

Gonna get some sleep now and then try for a start of report LOL

A few things happened! How surprising!

Catch U all later,
Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Del-J

' Victor '
A thankfull welcome back Trev. You've know idea what it's been like while you've been away.

See you tomorrow.

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

G

Hurry up Trev we are all waiting, i've been sitting here from 6.30am
Good to see you back mate

Andy homer.gif

Del-J

' Victor '
It's a bit quiet on here tonight so I guess your all like me waiting for Trev to regail us with his antics of the last week.

The bad? news is it seems as if the CURSE has turned inwards as he has PC problems.
The good news is Trev's working on the problem and hopes to be back tormenting [ LOL] us all soon.

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Trev - take a look at http://www.wunderground.com/US/NC/Charlotte.html and see what you have in store. BTW - you can click a button to switch the data to metric if it is easier.

Based on what I saw yesterday, the carp should be well finished with the spawn by the time you get here. Water surface temp was at 65F (18.3C) yesterday.

Newt Vail

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Newt,
you shouldn't be posting this sort of thing,I'm jealous already. naughty.gif

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Edited by - peter on 15 April 2002 8:22:25 PM

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Well Hell's Clanging Bells Peter - come on over. Just leave your pole at home since the idea of a pole that is more that 3 times the length of my boat boggles the mind. You'd go overboard for sure.

Trev - in your honor (well, partly, and partly Bass Pro put them on sale) I have just ordered hydraulic pedestals for the boat seats. Press a lever and raise or lower your seat with ease.

Truth be told, I could also use 100 or more carpers to pay a visit for a month or two. My usual lake is large enough that I will never even be able to figure out where on it the large carp hang out. A French carper who is in the area with his work and attended the south Carolina fish-in estimated it would take well over 300-400 years for the number of carpers we have to scout that entire lake and my home water is about the same size. I have located an area with plenty of doubles but have this sick feeling that somewhere on the lake there are some real wackers that I will never fish for.

Horrible problem to have, ain't it?
There are many times I really wish we could move a few of our lakes to the UK cause you folks would have a ton of fun fishing "big" waters and we really don't appreciate them fully.

Newt Vail

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hey Newt,
Thanks for the info, but you're worying me now LOL
I'm no expert Carper!!! just a dabbler, but I'm sure we'll be great!

Sorry not replied before, but been chased and chased for the report!
Can't keep this up , took too damn long lol and there's only few guys seem to want em!
Looking forward tremendously to relaxing in a hydraulic seat! God! It'll make my Danson Seatbox seem uncomforable when I return!

IF I return! May emigrate LOL

C U Soon
TREV

Ziptrev

Edited by - Ziptrev on 16 April 2002 7:41:55 PM

Polepot

Poles
Trev,

This is not true.

quote: Can't keep this up , took too damn long lol and there's only few guys seem to want em!

Please don't be crybaby2.gif

Your report was expected by many and I can speak for one and all, it was great thumbsup.gif .

I'm sure many would agree with this statement, but it appears that many PC's have been cursed in your abscence.

I await your Tales from USA when you go - have you suggested to Newt that he has several craft available for your trips?

Oh! where's you bit for Monday's trip or like Malc did it not 'appen?

Poles

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
No Nick, I phoned Del and as neither of us knew the venue, we called it off.

We were both worried over what had happened to MALC,so it's great to have him back on board again.
Hoping to Trout bash on the Derwent again tomorrow, Looking at the new Dove card thursday and Lake fishing friday all being well!
So I'll try for smaller posts soon!
Cheers mate

Trev

Ziptrev

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Trev - I expect us to do mostly boat-stalking for species other than carp. Thought you'd have fun after species you don't get in the UK.

The largemouth bass should be in a feeding mood by May. Catfish as well (4 species). And US style bream - smaller species of sunfish (like bluegills) are mostly lumped together under the term bream.

My plan is to lure fish the day after you arrive. I have plenty of gear. We will have to stop by a tackle shop near the lake for your license and so far, the UK folk have been more comfortable with it than with Bass Pro (which can be just way too much).

Then next morning a trip to Bass Pro Shop to let you get any gear that strikes your fancy and fishing again the afternoon (assuming we can get out of Bass Pro in half a day).

It should still be cool enough that day fishing will be comfortable and my main night targets - flathead catfish - don't really get active until mid-summer anyway.

At least one session anchored below the dam and using lobs or crickets or cut bait or something similar for catfish. If they are running water thru the turbines there will be a steady stream of chopped fish from the upper lake and lots of fish and birds hanging around for the freebees. Can get exciting for sure. Especially the boat ride to the dam - dodging underwater rocks in strong current. Great stuff.

I sorta figure evenings will be best spent sitting on the deck out back, sipping a suitable libation, and telling whoppers (US expression for tall tales
).

I expect that by the 2nd or 3rd outing I will have you driving the boat to where we plan to fish and then knowing the joy of operating the electric trolling motor while casting a lure. You are allowed to stop when you get a fish on though.
The boat has it's steering wheel on the right so it should be comfortable for you. But the other boaters will all be US ones so you will have to run on the right side to avoid other traffic.

I have a nice digital camera so we can get bunches of pictures.

Most of my lure rods are graphite (carbon) but I will be taking along a couple of e-glass ones in case there is lightning in the area. The glass ones don't conduct electricity and are lots more comforting to use in a storm.

Newt Vail

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
NEWT,
I've just had a wonderful week in Ireland (as you may perceive from the posts)
With the excitment you are building up by laying out these plans, my cup runneth over ( as we English rarely say lol)
I'm totally in your hands my man, the sound of it is fantastic!
I've got an order from John the Pike 20 for a reel and would you believe cherry licquorice candy (Twizzlers?)
from Scouses daughter, so I'm closing the books now to avoid weight limitations!
I want to find some digital scales from Bass Pro, but DO NOT let me overspend LOL!
But most importantly, I want to give you the satisfaction of seeing ME be succesful at whatever we try, cos Iknow that folks get their rewards from seeing their aspirations come good for the ones they,ve planned it for!

The digi camera sounds fantastic and I hope to learn speed from you in my computer techniques! Gotta cut down the time these damned reports take!, but I'm still waiting for you to post that old Newt/Fish picture on See Here It Is in the forum lol
ONLY then will I believe you got a camera!!
Well Newt, were at April 17 and down to 22 days, which number as an adopted Englishman you will automatically relate to the number of yards in a Cricket Pitch, also the number of yards in a chain or 4 units of the old measure of 'rods', 'poles' or 'perches', which brings us straight back to fishing again!
If this is tortally incomprehensible, we'll reserve it for expansion during one of those delightful sounding 'bull' sessions (Cant stand canned Guinness by the way, how are you with Mint Juleps LOL?
My grey Confederate suit should be ready for final fitting next tuesday, and I'm learning to whistle Dixie at a decibel level to beat an outboard motor!

You make the plans NEWT and I'll go along with them all.
John has taught me to accept blanks gracefully LOL, so no problems if they dont ALL work out!
Living with the curse, I'm surprised if 1 works out, so we should be on a real winner!

Tight Power Pros my friend,
cya soon

Trev

Ziptrev

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Trev - as you mentioned, I am looking forward to this at least as much as you are. I intend to have a ton of fun while you are here.

As to the "blank" thing, I gotta say that while I am like all of us who angle and have bad days, good days, and super days, I only seem to blank during very cold weather when I am determined the fish WILL take the lure(s) I want to fish with and WILL be where I want to fish.

RE: spending too much - nope, I'll let you "shop til you drop" if you feel the urge. Lots of neat stuff you just can't get over there. Tackle Tart paradise for sure.

We'll use some of the pics to defend my honor too. I've heard occasional muttering about the fact that I use a boat and echo sounders most times. Fact is, the places I fish would be impossible to get to without them. Lots of water but not so many roads and I just ain't up to walking 5 or 10 miles dragging a cart load of gear. A boat is fun but basically it is an angling tool and no different than paying a bunch of money for a long pole or the camping gear the long-session folks use.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.