Warmwell Parkdean

MrTencherson

Site Supporter
Hi guys, going to warmwell parkdean holiday camp in Dorset soon and hear they have 3 fishing ponds there.

My 10 year old son is getting into fishing so I plan to do some fishing with him while we’re there. He likes catching tench and a small carp would make his day. Really it’s about getting lots of action though (he doesn’t have the longest attention span).

Any tips or advice about best spots to fish? Best pond, best swims etc :)

Thanks in advance

Mr T

spodge

Hi Mr T, we went there a few years ago and had a great holiday, its a cracking site with a big emphasis on nature unfortunately i was not allowed to take my fishing tackle and to my dismay had to watch many nice carp from 5lb to 10lb patrolling the banks in the morning and early evening, all the pools look great but asking the very few who were fishing how they were doing the replies were not very good, this might be that they were all rubbish at fishing with most of them using shark gear or it was too warm and the fish were just happy basking in the sun i would not be put off by this because if i had took my rods i deffinately would of loved to fish all of the pools probably early morning the best time, ask at the on site tackle shop for the best pegs, the carp were mad for floating bread when i fed from the bank ? hope this was helpfull
have a great holiday.
Spodge

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
Fish the silvers pool with your lad, you're allowed your keepnets in there and fish a 4mm expander over micro. You'll catch plenty of fish, crucians are the main species in there but all the usual silvers are stocked. Lovely little pool. I didn't try maggot but I would assume they'd go well. All the best. I'm down there for a week on 7th Sept. Have a good'un

bluemack

Site Supporter
Hi Mr T, we went there a few years ago and had a great holiday, its a cracking site with a big emphasis on nature unfortunately i was not allowed to take my fishing tackle and to my dismay had to watch many nice carp from 5lb to 10lb patrolling the banks in the morning and early evening, all the pools look great but asking the very few who were fishing how they were doing the replies were not very good, this might be that they were all rubbish at fishing with most of them using shark gear or it was too warm and the fish were just happy basking in the sun i would not be put off by this because if i had took my rods i deffinately would of loved to fish all of the pools probably early morning the best time, ask at the on site tackle shop for the best pegs, the carp were mad for floating bread when i fed from the bank ? hope this was helpfull
have a great holiday.
Spodge
Not allowed to take ya tackle ffs, i,d get rid of her if i were you.:):)

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
Fish the silvers pool with your lad, you're allowed your keepnets in there and fish a 4mm expander over micro. You'll catch plenty of fish, crucians are the main species in there but all the usual silvers are stocked. Lovely little pool. I didn't try maggot but I would assume they'd go well. All the best. I'm down there for a week on 7th Sept. Have a good'un

Forget all about this reply Mr Tencherson, I've got completely the wrong place. Really sorry, but it's an age thing you know!:confused::rolleyes:

MrTencherson

Site Supporter
Cheers for the info guys :) We're not going there just for the fishing, just a nice extra since the boy is starting to take an interest.

lol @muggins yup I can relate to that :D

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Fished it a few times in the past while on holiday. You cant use keepnets. Forget the specimen pool and concentrate on the other 2. I would fish on the middle lake using 4mm expanders and keep feeding its stuffed with bream and cracking roach. fish a few inches from the bank for the carp. Its very shallow but ive had over 100lb of silvers. Method feeder to the far bank will catch the carp.
The small horseshoe lake is a bit deeper and again soft pellet will catch but it wasnt as prolific when we went.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Cheers @neil fallows , do you have to use their pellets or am I ok bringing my own?
I would look on their website but I used to take my own. 4 mm expanders will keep the silvers coming. Need to feed heavy. Best peg is when you come down the steep hill you have horshoe on the right and a oblong on left. Fish the left lake and last peg on the road side. Carp under the bush and about 6m out for silvers.