Warm winter Fishing Jacket

Maverick

Site Supporter
Recommendation's please for the above.

Got a thin Team Daiwa Jacket for summer showers but not got a good warm winter jacket.

Knocking on a bit now so need to stay warm this winter.

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
Earlier this year I bought a Tracker 2 piece with a fleece inside the jacket and have to be honest only used it the once to keep warm. I was well impressed with how warm it is, and used it with out the fleece just as a water proof jacket on thursday last week. It wasn't very warm one thursday with the rain and the wind that we had but the new jacket was excellent.
I tried a Fox one at the shop but they don't do one that fits me across the shoulders.

I'm getting on a bit too so I want to be warm, dry and comfortable just like you.
I hope that helps you, just my findings mind you.

TimFB

I find it better to go for a quality waterproof/windcheater rather than a think winter coat. I layer up underneath the waterproof ... my personal hate it putting the winter coat on and being too warm, so undo the coat and it’s too cold, so end up continually phaffing about. At least with layers you can take one off to adjust things. Not unusual for me to go off at first light with four layers on and come back in a tee shirt!

Rick123

Site Supporter
Earlier this year I bought a Tracker 2 piece with a fleece inside the jacket and have to be honest only used it the once to keep warm. I was well impressed with how warm it is, and used it with out the fleece just as a water proof jacket on thursday last week. It wasn't very warm one thursday with the rain and the wind that we had but the new jacket was excellent.
I tried a Fox one at the shop but they don't do one that fits me across the shoulders.

I'm getting on a bit too so I want to be warm, dry and comfortable just like you.
I hope that helps you, just my findings mind you.

I've got the same as Phil, but mine is a Prologic two piece with a fleece inside. I took the fleece out of mine and now wear a puffer jacket that's slim, but warm. That with merino wool underwear, and a ultra slim fleece, so three thin items, then the coat. Amazing warmth, with the salopettes going up the back to keep it warm. I brought some fleeced trousers from China (took a punt) they are fantastic too, cheap under £10, so have two pairs.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Trakker Core 3 Piece suit here for me, keeps you warm as toast and waterproof too. One of the best investments I have ever made, it makes Winter fishing no hardship at all.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Maverick that's the one, although can get it for cheaper if you shop around. (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Recommendation's please for the above.

Got a thin Team Daiwa Jacket for summer showers but not got a good warm winter jacket.

Knocking on a bit now so need to stay warm this winter.
Imax are brilliant waterproof and warm ,i have the suit ,not sure if they do jacket only . Suit is around £125

Spadger123

By far the best jacket I've had and got is the Halkon Hunt wind stopper.
It really is warm and does what is says on the tin, wear under a waterproof coat and jobs a good un.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
a good price from here...

JLK

The new Preston Celsius thermal suit is okay. Although it didn't get a proper work out last year as it wasn't really cold enough, but on the occasions I did wear it, it was very warm.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I work on the layered principle, a good waterproof and wind proof outer layer then either a fleece or down jacket, a good thick sweatshirt then a tee shirt, if I am to hot I can always take a layer off.
I got some of the Nash zero tolerance stuff, light weight waterproofs and packable down jacket and trousers they are really very good and worth searching out, next time I am in a tackle shop that stocks them I am going to try the heavier weight jacket

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
By far the warmest jacket I have is a Buckland workwear jacket from Tuff Stuff. And cost me less than £30. Just search Tuff Stuff on eBay. Heavy duty, warm, workwear at less than half what similar angling branded clothing costs.