Warm suit

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I have just seen a Daiwa Matchwinner 2 piece suit, reviews look favourable and the price is good £74. Does anyone have any experience of it?

Cheers fellas

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
I have one Dave. With the right gear underneath it’s toasty.
It kept me warm today, only thing I struggled with was cold hands .
Oh........and lack of fish ?

rudd

Site Supporter
Hi Dave if I am not mistaken the suit is made by Sundridge for Daiwa and is a very good suit.

Kev
Think Daiwa own the Sundridge brand.

Use their reltex for coarse and sas for beach fishing.
Both very good

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Thanks fellas, I've just placed the order(y)

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I have one Dave. With the right gear underneath it’s toasty.
It kept me warm today, only thing I struggled with was cold hands .
Oh........and lack of fish ?
Get yourself some neoprene gloves, they keep your hands warm even when wet , mine have the forefinger and thumb tips missing.

sapperrich

If size x large is good for you Fishtec.co.uk are selling them for £59.99, they've got 10+ in stock.

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
If size x large is good for you Fishtec.co.uk are selling them for £59.99, they've got 10+ in stock.
I have already ordered from Angling Direct, advertised at £73.99 but £67 at the checkout, inc. postage.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I used to have a Sundridge suit some years ago, The Daiwa looks very similar, It will keep you warm,I never needed base layers when I wore mine

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
My suit has just arrived:headbang: When I saw the box I was very dismayed, it was not much bigger than a shoe box and I assumed that the clothing would be very thin to fold up that small. However, the box was like a Tardis, how Angling Direct packed it I will never know.

It is, as suggested by a previous poster, made by Sundridge for Daiwa and the quality appears to be excellent, the waterproofness I will check when it rains. I ordered the XL and it fits perfectly other than being a little bit long on the legs, but it will be tucked into my new boots and so does not really matter. If anyone wants a size comparison I am 5' 11" ish and 15 stone

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
I still got my sundridge suit,an early polartec one,black with a white Borg lining,donkey's years old but still as good as ever :upthumb:?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I still got my sundridge suit,an early polartec one,black with a white Borg lining,donkey's years old but still as good as ever :upthumb:?

Is that the one with the Efgeeco badge on it? Looks toasty.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I still use my sundridge sleep system when doing sessions and that as you might put it, of an age ! Bought it god knows how many years ago.