Warm fishing boots

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Not specifically made for fishing but more than adequate for the job. As my venerable Altbergs started leaking I decided to look for a pair of decent replacements. As some of you will know I have a penchant for good army surplus clothing that has been tried & tested by squaddies the world over - plus I’m a tightarese!
I prefer a boot over a wellie in most circumstances as long as they are waterproof & warm. I purchased a pair of the newish issue Iturri ECWS combat boots on EBay from helfiresurplus, who I’ve used before, & am very pleased with them. Brown in colour & very solid without being too stiff with a Goretex liner. They also have a 1” rubber rand above the sole unit for increased water protection plus the usual speed lacing system.
Just back from a 12 mile cross country walk in them through wet grass & muddy fields& they performed brilliantly. Bone dry feet with no friction burns or blisters. These were a size 9M Grade 1 but the soles looked brand new so hardly any mileage on then at all. The price from the seller was & £34.95 with free 48hr P&P or best offer - I paid £30. These are an absolute steal as they are sold new for £179. Anyone looking for a brilliant Winter boot for fishing or outdoor work etc can’t go wrong with these at an extremely reasonable price from a highly respected seller of surplus gear.
I have no connection whatsoever with helfiresurplus apart from being a happy customer.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
If you struggle have a look at the karrimor snow for boots, I use them and can reccomend them too