Warm feet

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
After the match yesterday, I found out that Doc Martens are not waterproof:( nor are they particularly warm:cry:. I have therefore decided that I will treat myself to some warm waterproof boots. I have read the review about the Bison boots that was recently posted but I have seen these :-

Does anyone have any advice, re: which one is best? I only intend to buy a pair once so I would like to choose right.

Cheers fellas

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have been using magnum boots for a fair while for both work, fishing and walking the Black Dog

lightweight, comfortable, well built, lined with goretex, good non slip tread pattern

warm and waterproof in winter, (if you keep up a good cleaning regime)

cool in summer, able to wick away the sweat

good value too, searching on Ebay, you will find that you can get a pair or two ranging from around £30 to the full list prices of close to £100

recommended, as I only wear boots all year,

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
I have been using magnum boots for a fair while for both work, fishing and walking the Black Dog

lightweight, comfortable, well built, lined with goretex, good non slip tread pattern

warm and waterproof in winter, (if you keep up a good cleaning regime)

cool in summer, able to wick away the sweat

good value too, searching on Ebay, you will find that you can get a pair or two ranging from around £30 to the full list prices of close to £100

recommended, as I only wear boots all year,
Cheers Mick(y)

Steve57

Site Supporter
You definitely won't get cold feet with the Baffin Titans, but they are ridiculously heavy to the point you wouldn't want to walk too far in them. For the last four winter's I've use Aldi's yard boots with 4.3 Tog thermal socks and a piece of carpet on the seatbox's footplate.
The only slight issue with them is that only the foot part is waterproof, my waterproofs cover the leg part so it's not a problem for me.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I was recommend these Derri Boots by a good friend he uses them and says they are great in the Winter both warm and waterproof. He used them walking through the peat bogs in Ireland so knows they work.

No size 10's available at Bobco - I think I nicked the last pair :) if you want other sizes that are available, then don't forget Bobco's Black Friday discount use code BLACK10 at the checkout.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Look at the Muckboot Artic sport keeps my feet warm and dry even with ordinary socks.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Get them Baffin Titans bought

The weight of them is not an issue, you'll be on your snowmobile on your way to work loading ski lifts and stopping off for a bit of ice fishing at Lindholme on your way home.
According to the blurb, anyway.

:p;)

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Get them Baffin Titans bought

The weight of them is not an issue, you'll be on your snowmobile on your way to work loading ski lifts and stopping off for a bit of ice fishing at Lindholme on your way home.
According to the blurb, anyway.

:p;)
Ordered and paid for mate(y)