Warm Feet Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrC

Ok guys,
Im looking for a pair of wellies that will keep me warm when match fishing in the winter. What do you recommend, at the moment i have a pair of 5.99 b&q wellies that i wear with about 20 pairs of socks, but still get cold feet!! recommendations welcome. Ta. Mal (MrC)

Beebs

I got a pair of thermal boots, they're like wellies, but with something like a moon boot inner. There's probably something available from one of the mail order lot at a reasonable price at the moment. I wear a normal and a thick pair of knee lenth socks with them and in fairness, even when the rest of me has started to get chilled, my feet have never been cold once.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Put an ordianry plastic bag around your first pair of socks then put another pair of socks on top of this. Always works traps the heat in. Well its what i do [;)]

Tight lines [:D]

MrC

I was thinking more on the line of what boots? where did you get them from and how much did they cost etc..?

Beebs

I think mine are Sunridge thermals. Got them from my local tackle shop for about 40, I think. It was part of a full set of wet weather gear, so I can't tell you for definite, but I'm pretty sure they were around the 40 mark.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
There are several moonboots to choose from. Skeetex very warm but have a reputation for being bad to walk in.
Boom 80's very good and not to bad for waliking in
Sundridge thermal boots very good 2 m8s swear by them
Diawa moon boots very good and not to bad for walking in.
I have had both the boom 80,s and diawa boots and have had no problems with them.
Check out your local tackle shop to see what they stock or check out the online shops

chill out go fishing

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sundridge Hotfoot Boots [:D]
They have removable washable liners,and you can get replacement liners if they wear out.
I've had my pair for 2 seasons and havent worn the liners out yet.
Keep your feet warm as toast.[:D]
Cost around 40.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Matchlad

skee-tex thermals are the best on the market sum times a little hard to walk in do great at keeping your feet hot

rob fishing is life

mike s

I've been using the Skeetex field boots for a couple of weeks now & my feet have stayed warm despite the ice.
Cost 52.90 from most tackle shops (inc. Me!)[:)]

"Wot, no Fish!"

Larry

Lazarus
Ive had Boom 80's for years now keep feet warm & ok to walk in.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

anyexcuse

Have had a pair of Neptune Derriboots for the past 4-5 winters, cost around the 40-45 mark.Again they have removable liners and I find them quite comfortable. Never had cold feet in them apart from when I forget theyt arent as tall as waders!

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

MrC

sketex thermal boots it is.. 39.99. bargain!! Thanks guys.

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
All Reet MrC
Have a look on here www.tchibo.co.uk I have a pair of ski boots 16.99 warm & waterproof i can't fault them. they are similar to Lunker boots but mine are Black.

Stu
***L.U.F.C.***

Last edited:

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Skeetex for me mate and i have a pair of ron thompson field boots for the river both keep my feet warm as toast.

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

cavie

Don't know if it works or not but I was reading an article that said, as most of the cold comes up through the ground, take a old piece of carpet to stand on. Personally I have a pair of Skeetex and they are just fine.

cavieeeee

TINY

Tiny
I us skeetex or derri neptune.Never have a problem with feet getting cold.

Andy....Staffs Angling Supplies

Chopper

Skee-tex for me.

I don't have to paint an 'L' and 'R' on each boot as they will fit both feet. [:D][:D]

Only down side of these 'furry' boots is when you walk out too far into the water and they fill up! As I experienced on Sunday, couldn't feel my feet by the end of the day..........doh[:eek:)]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

duffman

[:D]I've got the derri boots,think they are the neptunes,the ones with the extra bit around the top.Cost thick end of 50.Good to walk in after a while(rubbed my ankles at first).I'd reccomend them

Status
Not open for further replies.