Wales Triple Crown

BBear

Site Supporter
Well well well. I started this thread to wind you English buggers right up but I never expected all the wailing moaning and bitterness of you one eyed fans.......total joy 😂 ........
No probs, I love a good moan 😛

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have lived in Wales for 10 years, My partner is Welsh, I work with an awful lot of Welsh people and they are lovely people..........until rugby is involved, they are not great losers and there is always someone else to blame when they lose , but they are even worse winners
one of the 1st things I learned was no one ever beats Wales at rugby teams might score more points than them but they never beat them, there is always a reason why Wales lost, dodgy ref, lucky try, cheating opposition, key player injured, the list goes on
However when they win lucky they will not admit it. I have stopped even discussing rugby at work as being English I know nothing about the game only Welshmen know the laws and tactics of playing rugby ;)

rudd

Site Supporter
Ok England lost - the English are over it and going fishing - again.

Enjoy sitting looking at the Daffodils in your gardens Boyos!

😂😂😂😂

nejohn

Site Supporter
Ok England lost - the English are over it and going fishing - again.

Enjoy sitting looking at the Daffodils in your gardens Boyos!

😂😂😂😂
Thats not fair........I'm English and have to sit looking out of the window watching the daffodils grow

Keith Sparky

I have lived in Wales for 10 years, My partner is Welsh, I work with an awful lot of Welsh people and they are lovely people..........until rugby is involved, they are not great losers and there is always someone else to blame when they lose , but they are even worse winners
one of the 1st things I learned was no one ever beats Wales at rugby teams might score more points than them but they never beat them, there is always a reason why Wales lost, dodgy ref, lucky try, cheating opposition, key player injured, the list goes on
However when they win lucky they will not admit it. I have stopped even discussing rugby at work as being English I know nothing about the game only Welshmen know the laws and tactics of playing rugby ;)
As normal from you as a semi adopted Welshman your response is reasonable and well balanced..........it must be difficult for you at the best of times as a Newcastle fan having to ensure mediocrity as compared to the champagne football at Newport County and the mighty Leeds United.......I definitely need some time other bank soon :ROFLMAO:

davylad

Site Supporter
A very good friend of mine was one of the best players to ever come out of Wales, I went with him once to a game, and he was treat like a god. People were almost bowing to him, but rugby league certainly didn't.

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
A very good friend of mine was one of the best players to ever come out of Wales, I went with him once to a game, and he was treat like a god. People were almost bowing to him, but rugby league certainly didn't.
Welsh amateur boxing champion too. Played rugby in the afternoon for Cardiff and beacme boxing champion in the evening. Not bad for a lad who was told he'd be lucky to walk again after breaking his back as a young kid

davylad

Site Supporter
That's the man TS, it was his neck he broke though, I remember him making his HKR debut at Salford, people came from all over to watch him. Unfortunately they carried him off with his feet trailing behind him, due to some cheap shot Charlies.

Last edited:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I think this sums up perfectly what the Wales v England game is all about to us taffs:

Kelly Jones of the Stereophonics recorded this in 2015 when we were having an horrendous time and it went out on BBC Wales for a couple of days before the game - my lovely English wife hates it with a vengeance but it is what it is, a declaration of what the game truly means to us.

Call it a jammy slam but we’ll take it all day long

BBear

Site Supporter
I think that’s right, Wales just aspire to beat England and nothing else really matters. For England though, Wales are just another team - we aspire to win the World Cup.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Just watched the Wales France game from yesterday. I was under the impression they had VAR in rugby, but obviously not for a forward pass for the winning try for France.....??...:unsure:

Reuben

Site Supporter
I didn’t think so either. Still, shame they didn’t get a 14 point start - they may have hung on.....

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I don't know the VAR rules in rugby but in football, they would be taking a look at this and you would see across the line whether it is a forward pass or not. I am glad they didn't though. I hate VAR in football and think it should be scrapped and go with the ref's decision.

I 1.JPG Capture.JPG beg to

davylad

Site Supporter
That's nowhere near a forward pass, it was a good game and it could have gone either way. The Welsh were under that much pressure, hence the bins, the referee (and upstairs) had great games. Good result for us English.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think justice was done with that result really. Wales wouldn’t have beaten Scotland or Ireland without the (admittedly totally fair) red cards and probably wouldn’t have beaten England without the ref giving them two tries so despite them playing well the last two games it would have been a jammy slam. France by comparison have played well every game and just got a bit unlucky that they were the only team to face the true England team rather than the pale imitation of them that’s played every other game since the corresponding game in the autumn. Really can’t see France doing anything other than what they need to against Scotland so it’ll be a deserved title for what is the best french team in 10 years. I still don’t think they have many particularly good individual players compared to many of their past teams or the other top teams in the world at the moment but they come together greater than the sum of their parts crucially steered by exceptional half backs. DuPont in particular has probably been the worlds best player since the World Cup.