Wales Triple Crown

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
A couple of points from the first try yesterday. I believe there was a massive schoolboy error from Farrell, as he should have asked the ref if Biggar was taking a shot at the posts. The fact that he didn’t looked to me like he made an assumption that Biggar was taking the 3 points, otherwise why did they bring the water carriers on and start to huddle around the posts. Every time a ref tells a captain to speak to his players 99% of the time he says sod all, and just walks away, so England we’re using it as a time out to take on water and instructions from their coaches.

The Media are using the tries to paper over the cracks that England are losing thier "self alleged" domination of World rugby!

Why wasn'y Otoji, at least yellow carded for his continous giving away of penalties.

If the tries had been given the other way, there wouldnt have been a mention of it, and there would be the usual English gloating! Get over it, you lost!

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
TBH I can't blame you sheep bothering druids from gloating really - you don't have much else to look forward to so every little win must be your World Cup.
EJ didn't seem that bothered and he knows that we will be in the shake-up when the main show starts.
:LOL::LOL:

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Wales will be a team that nobody will want to play as they have the ability to raise their game,have flair in attack and also fight it out.
The fact they have Halfpenny,Biggar and now Sheedy as accurate kickers mean they can cover the options and punish any side - like they did yesterday.
Navidi coming back has been a major difference and I rate him very highly

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
It will be interesting to see how the teams progress. I think AWJ, Halfpenny and maybe North are nearing the end of their careers. I'm not a huge fan of Biggar, he's too predictable for me, I like a bit more flair at 10.

Its not so long ago that I watched England give the most complete peformance I've seen in beating the All Blacks, I doubt they'll reach those heights again without blooding some new players.. I'm looking forward to the World cup, win, lose whatever.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Yes it such be excellent and the NH teams all have the ability to beat the SH ones.
Like the way Scotland play and the French could be anything if they click.
I can see Ireland being the ones that disappoint this time round as so dependent on Sexton being match fit

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
A knock-on occurs when a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it.

Hitting his body doesn't matter, he has to catch it.
I'm not sure what your point is. First part of the law applies.

A knock-on occurs when a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or

As the ball went backwards it cannot be a knock on as I said originally. Catching the ball only applies when the second part of the rule is needed i.e. the ball is knocked forward in the air. That didn't happen.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Owens also indicated on Welsh language TV channel S4C and on Wales Online that the match officials got it wrong in awarding Williams a try after checking video footage to see whether Wales wing Louis Rees-Zammit had knocked on.

“It was definitely a knock on,” he said.

“You see situations sometimes where a player loses control of a ball and then kicks it before it hits the ground. Well, that’s still classed as a knock on.

“What the law says is if a player loses control of the ball forward, he must regain possession of it before it touches the ground or anybody else.

“So, in this case, Rees-Zammit definitely touches the ball ,and it travels forward on to his calf, then goes backwards and then comes off an England player.

Owens said if anyone was in doubt about the knock-on, “look at Rees-Zammit’s face when they award the try.

“It’s 100 per cent a knock on.”

TonyA

Site Supporter
I'm not sure what your point is. First part of the law applies.

A knock-on occurs when a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or

As the ball went backwards it cannot be a knock on as I said originally. Catching the ball only applies when the second part of the rule is needed i.e. the ball is knocked forward in the air. That didn't happen.
Even falling vertically counts as forward - have a look at World Rugby Laws, rule 11 (there is also an app), and the video used as an example of a knock on is a carbon copy of the Rees-Zammit incident.

TonyA

Site Supporter
Even falling vertically counts as forward - have a look at World Rugby Laws, rule 11 (there is also an app), and the video used as an example of a knock on is a carbon copy of the Rees-Zammit incident.
PS the fact that the ball went backwards after it hit his shin has no bearing on the outcome.

davylad

Site Supporter
Of course it was a knock on, the ball went forward and the player never regathered it, plain as it could be. I'm not sure of the rules in RU regarding whether the England players thought he was going for the posts. I know sometimes when we got a penalty within the twenty, we would point to the sticks but tell the referee we were going to take a tap, hoping the opposition would switch off for second or two. Regarding the alleged forward pass for the England try, I thought they were allowed nowadays in both codes. ;) It's the old old story with the England RU team, they are so much up their own arses, arrogant isn't the word.

nejohn

Site Supporter
It won’t matter to the Welsh supporters....
You are right.....probably they will win the 6 nations by just scraping wins against Ireland and Scotland when both played most of the game a man down, getting gifted 2 tries against England which completely changed the game and probably playing a severely depleted Franch due to COVID19 .....but hey they will beat a full strength Italy

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
You are right.....probably they will win the 6 nations by just scraping wins against Ireland and Scotland when both played most of the game a man down, getting gifted 2 tries against England which completely changed the game and probably playing a severely depleted Franch due to COVID19 .....but hey they will beat a full strength Italy
Yawwwwwwwn!

He was always going to apologise, he’d never work again if he didn’t. You make it sound like England have never had a dodgy decision go in your favour!

Happy St David’s Day!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah that’s exactly what my welsh mate said in that it’ll be the jammiest slam of all time. Not their fault of course can only play what unfolds in front of you but I don’t think many welsh fans will see it as a win that goes down in folklore as a great slam. Didn’t think you could get a less impressive tournament win than England in the autumn nations cup but looks like Wales are going to pull it off 😅

Reuben

Site Supporter
Yawwwwwwwn!

He was always going to apologise, he’d never work again if he didn’t. You make it sound like England have never had a dodgy decision go in your favour!

Happy St David’s Day!
Wow - you should do the lottery if you can see into the future regarding what the ref intended to do. Yakky Dah...

Reuben

Site Supporter
Of course it was a knock on, the ball went forward and the player never regathered it, plain as it could be. I'm not sure of the rules in RU regarding whether the England players thought he was going for the posts. I know sometimes when we got a penalty within the twenty, we would point to the sticks but tell the referee we were going to take a tap, hoping the opposition would switch off for second or two. Regarding the alleged forward pass for the England try, I thought they were allowed nowadays in both codes. ;) It's the old old story with the England RU team, they are so much up their own arses, arrogant isn't the word.
Well, at least they’re only up their own arses.......😬