Wales Triple Crown

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Will always be the case for England when we have to face teams we have dominated for centuries being aided by a ref from a country we have dominated for centuries.
😂😂😂

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Luckiest slam of all time on the cards if they play a French 2nd team due to covid? Played bang average 3 games yet had the helping hands from 2 reds and 2 dodgy tries. My welsh mate is even saying they'd have lost all 3 without such assistance. He thought their last slam where they were like 7/10 each game was pretty jammy but this one would take the biscuit if the France game isn't a fair fight either 😂

England deserved to lose though, better in attack last two games than recently (even if still a shadow of the World Cup side) but you can't expect to win with the penalty count they've had in this tournament.

Keith Sparky

Luckiest slam of all time on the cards if they play a French 2nd team due to covid? Played bang average 3 games yet had the helping hands from 2 reds and 2 dodgy tries. My welsh mate is even saying they'd have lost all 3 without such assistance. He thought their last slam where they were like 7/10 each game was pretty jammy but this one would take the biscuit if the France game isn't a fair fight either 😂

England deserved to lose though, better in attack last two games than recently (even if still a shadow of the World Cup side) but you can't expect to win with the penalty count they've had in this tournament.
As the verve would say.....its a bitter sweet symphony thats life

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
The knock on/not knock on controversy will rage on for a while I suspect. I just think it's one of those quirky decisions that when it goes against you, all you can do is chalk up it up to experience and play on. Fair play to England they did that levelling the score, then handed Wales the game on a plate. I appreciate that the fine margins in games it's tempting to play close to the edge, but some of penalties conceded were basic no, no's and would have resulted in little or no benefit, had the player got away with it, In the end a risk/reward ratio needs to be employed. England take too many risks when the rewards are not there.

What was unforgivable by the Referee was instructing Owen Farrell to speak to his players about the high penaly count England were incurring and the 8 seconds later whilst Farrell has his players around him to allow Wales to take a quick penaly, giving rise to a try by Wales, Had Farrall ignored the refrees direct instruction I am sure he would have been censured after the game a no win situation.

Last edited:

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with either try. First was quick thinking by Biggar, England should have been more aware. Second try wasn’t a knock on, as was established during half time, according to the letter of the law.

24 all with 20 mins left and Wales scored 16 unanswered points with ease. F1D3DFDE-7FD2-46D5-A008-18865B814F97.jpeg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think without the refs input England probably would have scraped through as I doubt the implosion of the last 20 minutes would have happened were they leading as there wouldnt have been the need to play on the edge or feel so on edge. But they got incredibly lucky that their first half hour's poor discipline was against an average Wales side much like they were fortunate they started terribly against only Scotland first week. Against France or a southern hemisphere team (probably Ireland as wel) they'd have lost the games way before half time. Just like they did against France last season.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Exclusive behind the scenes look at the TMO for the first 2 Welsh tries

155056003_10159155091658308_3379736192485637576_n.jpg

davylad

If it wasn't a knock on TS, the ball went forward, and as for the second try the scorer was in front of the kicker, apart from what the ref told Farrell. England beat themselves with their poor discipline, this was a game they should have won without doubt, but you can't blame Wales for that.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
I thought Watsons try came from a forward pass from George.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Without the 2 controversial tries and England 24-10 up with 20 minutes to go then it is a completely different game, would they have felt the need to chase the ball so much? probably not then maybe not be so inclined to take the risks and give penalties away. Bottom line very poor refereeing (if it had been the other way round would the Welsh be happy... I doubt it) and Wales get lucky again... I certainly would not be making a big thing of it if England had won on those circumstances....

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Without the 2 controversial tries and England 24-10 up with 20 minutes to go then it is a completely different game, would they have felt the need to chase the ball so much? probably not then maybe not be so inclined to take the risks and give penalties away. Bottom line very poor refereeing (if it had been the other way round would the Welsh be happy... I doubt it) and Wales get lucky again... I certainly would not be making a big thing of it if England had won on those circumstances....
Spot on 👍🏻