Wales Lockdown No Fishing

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Rules need to be interpretated Better, like today There was a Sign saying Boat owners Car Park, i have a Dinghy at home so i parked up (y)(y)

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Speaking to a friend of mine who has a business in Wales and is now forced to shut he was told that this is a rolling shut down with a first period of 17 days.
The lockdown will be extended until the infection numbers drop to a lower level which could take months but there is no additional support being offered to business other than that already in place from Westminster and they refused to say what was a lower level.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
So im currently in a tier 3 area in England, am I okay to go fishing?
Nothing to stop you going fishing but you are expected to stay within your area and not travel in or out of a Tier 3 area for purposes other than work, education and care duties

Keith Sparky

The effective ban on fishing in Wales with not being able to drive to a venue and local tackle shops now closed again for the next 2 weeks has finally tipped me over the edge... the idiots in Cardiff Bay have completely lost the plot and there is no evidence that fishing golfing etc in the fresh air has had any effect on covid cases. I live 5 mins from the 2nd Severn Bridge and will be breaking the law many times next week as I will go fishing over the border. Its the first time that I have felt the need to say enough is enough...my next door neighbour has just returned from golfing across the border and the bridges are very busy!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Out of interest .... Is anyone still listening ? I’ve been left here in South Yorkshire ( tier 3 ) while two of my mates are on the Trent and one is on the Wharfe fishing. All three are from South Yorkshire.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
The effective ban on fishing in Wales with not being able to drive to a venue and local tackle shops now closed again for the next 2 weeks has finally tipped me over the edge... the idiots in Cardiff Bay have completely lost the plot and there is no evidence that fishing golfing etc in the fresh air has had any effect on covid cases. I live 5 mins from the 2nd Severn Bridge and will be breaking the law many times next week as I will go fishing over the border. Its the first time that I have felt the need to say enough is enough...my next door neighbour has just returned from golfing across the border and the bridges are very busy!
Be careful mate

Total

Site Supporter
Out of interest .... Is anyone still listening ? I’ve been left here in South Yorkshire ( tier 3 ) while two of my mates are on the Trent and one is on the Wharfe fishing. All three are from South Yorkshire.

Just to assure you I'm still working on that distance casting problem/project from the Junkie to Southfields we spoke about...:geek::oops:;)....Hope you're keeping well mate....(y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just to assure you I'm still working on that distance casting problem/project from the Junkie to Southfields we spoke about...:geek::oops:;)....Hope you're keeping well mate....(y)
Nicky says that if I can cast across the Aire & Calder from the new junction canal, Land a rocket feeder at his feet and leave my bail arm off he’ll pick it out of the water, fill it with his secret gb mix and catapult it the rest of the way. What a mate hey Mark. ??

Total

Site Supporter
Nicky says that if I can cast across the Aire & Calder from the new junction canal, Land a rocket feeder at his feet and leave my bail arm off he’ll pick it out of the water, fill it with his secret gb mix and catapult it the rest of the way. What a mate hey Mark. ??

Problem begins when you hook one mate! :geek: :oops:......'WHEN' and 'If' being the operative word(s) on this 'moody mistress':D

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Problem begins when you hook one mate! :geek: :oops:......'WHEN' and 'If' being the operative word(s) on this 'moody mistress':D
Yeah, this is where it gets interesting. I reel it in, Nicky unhooks it and puts it in HIS net. I can see me losing a quid here.

How’s the diminishing squirrel population doing around your parts Mark ? ?????

Total

Site Supporter
Yeah, this is where it gets interesting. I reel it in, Nicky unhooks it and puts it in HIS net. I can see me losing a quid here.

How’s the diminishing squirrel population doing around your parts Mark ? ?????

My 'Parts' are fine thank you Mick! ;).....As for the 'squirrel population'......Better than the mole population around your parts!;):ROFLMAO:

nejohn

Site Supporter
My thoughts exactly, watched drakeford and Vaughan Gethan on tv this morning they were just making it up as they went along, they must have contradicted themselves about 10 times. I think Drakeford was banking on getting a lot of support for his next election campaign if he did better than UK government in fighting the virus..... I think he has completely lost that one now

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My thoughts exactly, watched drakeford and Vaughan Gethan on tv this morning they were just making it up as they went along, they must have contradicted themselves about 10 times. I think Drakeford was banking on getting a lot of support for his next election campaign if he did better than UK government in fighting the virus..... I think he has completely lost that one now
Serious question ... Is Drakeford all there ? He looks half baked to me.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think he's well and truly out of his depth.

It's not that long ago he was crowing that Wales was doing really well compared to the rest of the UK, namely England.
He doesn't have the resources that the UK government has, in skills, knowledge, expertise, yet seems to think he knows how to handle the situation better.