Wales Lockdown No Fishing

nejohn

Site Supporter
For sensible responsible people both are achievable
Not in Wales it's not, we have a devolved government that are either so wrapped up in political points scoring or they have just lost the plot completely..... They are now telling us that any shops that are allowed to stay open are only allowed to sell us essential items.....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm struggling to see how Wales is in such a predicament when their devolved government was only crowing a few months ago on how low their rates of infection were compared to England - what happened?

nejohn

Site Supporter
I'm struggling to see how Wales is in such a predicament when their devolved government was only crowing a few months ago on how low their rates of infection were compared to England - what happened?
It is still low compared to England, the county I live in was put into local lockdown with an infection rate of 32 in 100000...! We now have a rate of 72....the worst region only has a rate of just over 100 and some regions are going into full lockdown tonight with a rate of less than 20.... Yet when everyone else in the UK was told no more than 6 people could meet up the Welsh government were saying it was OK for 30 to meet.... I am fairly certain they are only doing it to prove that they don't have to follow UK government guidelines

rudd

Site Supporter
Ahhh, Brexit will sort that out. In a few months time there won't by anything to buy, anway.
The only possible issues are goods from EU countries.
The EU are making it awkward for their 27 members to trade with one of their biggest export markets - The UK

rudd

Site Supporter
Yes, I got that impression as well, the same with N Sturgeon and co
These politicians want independence for their countries from England (UK) and spout on and on about it saying they will financially cope blah blah blah.
Now they are making their own rules but want England (UK) to pay for their decisions?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Id be quite happy for the Welsh and Scots to achieve independance

as I would Kent to,

just see how all of you would get on if we introduced border controls and custom dues

nejohn

Site Supporter
Id be quite happy for the Welsh and Scots to achieve independance

as I would Kent to,

just see how all of you would get on if we introduced border controls and custom dues
I live less than 20 miles from the English border, if Wales ever got independence I would be moving over that border quicker than a rat up a drainpipe..... I wouldn't trust the idiots in Cardiff Bay to run a pee up in a brewery never mind a country

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I live less than 20 miles from the English border, if Wales ever got independence I would be moving over that border quicker than a rat up a drainpipe..... I wouldn't trust the idiots in Cardiff Bay to run a pee up in a brewery never mind a country

My intention of visiting Mr Heaps fishery has been put on hold for another year

nejohn

Site Supporter
My intention of visiting Mr Heaps fishery has been put on hold for another year
It is worth the wait Mick, he runs a very good fishery, even if you don't like commercial fisheries it is really nice, worth giving the Crucian pool a few hours with a nice fresh loaf of tesco's best.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
It is worth the wait Mick, he runs a very good fishery, even if you don't like commercial fisheries it is really nice, worth giving the Crucian pool a few hours with a nice fresh loaf of tesco's best.

I was really hoping to stay a few days and book a few lessons with the man, its meant to be an "experience"

nejohn

Site Supporter
I was really hoping to stay a few days and book a few lessons with the man, its meant to be an "experience"
Even if you don't get the lessons he is very free with his advice and very approachable, the only downside of the fishery is the limited availability of live bait (maggots, casters, worms) in the entire area, everyone tends to use pellets but I have found bread to be a very good alternative

nejohn

Site Supporter
Kathy's parents have a caravan not to far away while they are sat on the beach I head off see Mr Heaps

peterb

Site Supporter
Don't confuse devolution with independence , in the referendum it got through with 25% of the voting public 50% couldn't be bothered to vote . I think most of the voters who supported devolution now regret it . As for independence see how well Plaid Cymru do in elections , the vast majority do not want independence especially with the likes of Dripford in charge .