Wales Lockdown No Fishing

Keith Sparky

Well it looks like we can still go fishing as its classes as exercise but not allowed to drive to get there again !.....bloody idiot in Cardiff Bay has totally lost the plot! .

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Really feel for you guys in Wales . These breaker lockdowns will do more harm than good. Really hope we don't get them here.

I'm all for the localised tighter restrictions that target the problem areas but blanket lockdowns are simply stupid. The first one was necessay as we had no idea what we were facing then but now we know more it's a different matter. It probably is just about economically viable to lockdown certain areas if elsewhere is kept open to keep the economy going but there's no way we can afford to fully shut up shop again.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
It’s gutting that you can’t get about to fish - you should be able to travel if common sense prevailed.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I watched the briefing at lunchtime, the man is not living in the real world, he placed whole counties in lockdown when there was very localised outbreaks that were attributed to social gatherings yet when the rest of the UK limited people meeting outdoors to 6 in Wales it was restricted to 30, he puts counties with the lowest infection rate in the UK into full lockdown against the guidance of UK government yet when asked how he was going to finance the lockdown his answer was he will ask the UK government for extra funding.... You couldn't make it up

tedstriker

Site Supporter
Only thing that I can be sort of happy about is being able to cycle out of the county again

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I watched the briefing at lunchtime, the man is not living in the real world, he placed whole counties in lockdown when there was very localised outbreaks that were attributed to social gatherings yet when the rest of the UK limited people meeting outdoors to 6 in Wales it was restricted to 30, he puts counties with the lowest infection rate in the UK into full lockdown against the guidance of UK government yet when asked how he was going to finance the lockdown his answer was he will ask the UK government for extra funding.... You couldn't make it up
Just a goon isn’t he, handled it wrong since day one.

icaughtafishonce

Site Supporter
I'm quite happy with it. I won't comment on the politics of it in Fishing Talk. But it seems like a sensible way to handle things to make sure that everyone can 'have christmas' which is apparently the most important thing. Hopefully it'll relive the pressure on the NHS and allow them to keep on operating for everyone.

Personally I can live without fishing for a fortnight, but thankfully I also fish with lures and the local canal is about a mile away from me. Just got to sort out a wanderers permit. Then I'll be trying to nab a pike or two. Might even take the whip and a few worms and see if I can tempt a few roach and skimmers out, mix it up a bit.

I guess if you take a barrow places normally you're stuffed.

Thankfully people who are disabled have been thought of in this, directly from the WG page:

"People with specific health or mobility issues may, however, need to travel from their home in order to be able to exercise. For example, some wheelchair users may not be able to start to exercise immediately outside their homes for practical access reasons, and may need to drive to a suitable flat location, such as a park, for this purpose. In these circumstances the journey should be to the nearest convenient accessible location and no long journeys should be undertaken unless absolutely necessary."

So if you are registered disabled, I can't see why you couldn't drive to the nearest open fishery to get a few hours in.

Keith Sparky

So its OK to go to indoors to your local "essential" Tesco to queue up with 10000 others spaced 30cm apart for the ritual bog roll panic buying that will start to happen but its unsafe for me to get in my own car, on my own ,to go fishing in the fresh air, outdoors ,on my own with the nearest angler on my local lakes 100 yards away........the mans an idiot.....

nejohn

Site Supporter
So its OK to go to indoors to your local "essential" Tesco to queue up with 10000 others spaced 30cm apart for the ritual bog roll panic buying that will start to happen but its unsafe for me to get in my own car, on my own ,to go fishing in the fresh air, outdoors ,on my own with the nearest angler on my local lakes 100 yards away........the mans an idiot.....
Kathy has been to Morrisons this evening apparently the panic buying has already started

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
I do feel sorry for the welsh lads who fish the river Wye matches at Hereford.
two of the biggest events over the next two weeks (Wye champs and 3 day festival).
Herefordshire is in tier 1 and has a really low infection rate (28 /100k iirc).
Yet the welsh anglers can’t attend ...

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Irony? I have just received my Angling Trust magazine with a nice article inviting me to try the fishing in Wales.

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
When this lock down is over, will we be allowed to enter another county to fish?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
This is the UK 2020 Kingy - we are struggling with that one and it's never going to change now.