Waggling rods in the garden

BoldBear

Waggling rods in the garden is a common thing that I do when I can’t get out on the bank; I’ve also been known to sit in the living room watching the TV with a new rod and reel in my hands; especially in the river closed season. :)

Keith

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Will have a waggle of new rods in the garden or house when I first get them but that’s it until they get used in action.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I play with my rods in the garden, usually ones I haven’t used in a while, just to remind myself what they feel like. I play with my fly rods a lot and I often take them to our local playing fields to practice casting a fly.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Had a waggle of a lissom bit o' cane in the garage today... my 8" Sharpe Spinning/ Stalking rod... its going with me to a local lake for a winter carp (hopefully) this weekend weather permitting

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Ended up swapping the rod I was on about in the OP for another Tricast rod, a much heavier one. They are like chalk and cheese. Turns out I can't really tell that much from a waggle in the garden.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Hi Steve, it feels great with a waggle not sure what reel im going to put on it yet
i ll put a list up of what rods i bought in last year
keith

Dropon

p
It must be the week for it, I collected one on Monday night, roll on warm days and pinging pellets.
Be interested what you guys think of the Acolyte 11ft carp waggler. I’ll second the warm days and pinging pellets.

TiggerXFM

Hi Steve, it feels great with a waggle not sure what reel im going to put on it yet
keith
I used mine for trotting and it was excellent. I let it go in a swap for a 13ft plus but still have the 12ft version which I also use for trotting and it is also excelent? Maybe i'll get another 11 footer in future.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
At the moment I'm a combination of bored from not going fishing much at the moment and excited as we approach summer.

Got my 12' Tricast Long Range Feeder Rod out in the garden again just then, probably about the 10th time since I've bought it. I'm yet to use it but I'd say it's one of the best rods I've bought from what I can tell, very impressed with it. I put a 520 Preston Extremity reel on it and threaded the 6lb Maxima through the rings, got my dad to hold the line while I pretend I'm playing a fish. :LOL: Lots of power in the mid section as expected but hopefully still forgiving enough for Bream.

How often do you get your rods out just for a waggle or am I just a saddo?

PS. The reel is very nice too. Only used it once but not had a fish on it yet.
It’s lovely to see parents playing with their kids🥰🥰🥰. Did you manage to land him? What did he weigh?

Don’t forget pics, or it didn’t happen😉.

Cheers Steve, you are giving me so much ammunition👍👍👍

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Had a waggle of a lissom bit o' cane in the garage today... my 8" Sharpe Spinning/ Stalking rod... its going with me to a local lake for a winter carp (hopefully) this weekend weather permitting
8” rod Aitch? That must be the ultimate travel rod🤣🤣🤣

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
keith
2500 Shimano Exage would be a nice balance 😗

matt

Site Supporter
Recently waggled / fake casted a feeder rod in the garden and the quiver tip wasn’t pushed in properly.....it went flying over the neighbours fence and embedded in their lawn just like Excalibur! 😂

Luckily we are good friends and he saw the funny side of it!

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
That's where the difference lies I think mate. I can put a 4oz feeder across the Trent to the far bank and have done on quite a few occasions with the Greys.

Tough old rods. I have the 2lb versions and can lob quite enthusiastically 6oz + PVA bag/sausage. Hoping to break them as an excuse to get some Harrison Chimeras, maybe i need to try casting 7oz :sneaky: