waggler up in the water

Status
Not open for further replies.

s444mjt

hi gonna try fishing waggler up in the water anyone any tips 4 me just started match fishin after years of specemin stuff any tips would help seems as if the feeding is the key wat u think .

Craigo

Ok here goes, here's how I do it - may not be the best way though!

IMO you dont always need to use the great big splasher wagglers - an ordinary thickish straight peacock will do the job most of the time - I only use the big uns when I have to fish a long, long way out - why the big peacock? - insert wagglers dont hold the bait up as well as thickish peacock floats and quite often go under with liners giving false bites. Short fat floats are also useful as they wont dive too deep in your swim when you first cast in, fish will often come to the sound of your float hitting the water as they associate it with food and by keeping your rig (hookbait) high in the water you will also get those instant takes.

The key is generally feeding very often because you want to keep the fish active - some people will fire huge amounts of bait in all the time - this is not always neccesary - as long as you feed very regulary, you can get away with feeding small amounts (experience will tell you how much to feed) - I suppose you need to gauge how many fish are in your swim - if there's not too many and you'r over feeding you can quite easily make the fish go deeper in your swim as they will follow the bait down - espec if you;ve already caught a couple as it will also seem a safer option to them - you need to get the balance right to keep em competing for food which will only come via experience.

Obviously, pellet is the No1 bait - I tend to use larger pellets when fishing waggler cos theyre easier to feed at distance (6mm or 8mm). Most people use banded pellets or drilled pellets on a hair - as a hookbait - however, I've had lots of succes use van den eynde spicy meat - its a dark brown colour like most pellets and is very rubbery - you can punch this out in all sorts of sizes and mount it on a hair as normal and it will stay on for quite a while and casts very well.

make sure you;ve got plenty of catty's!!! [;)]

Craigo

Heres a link that Malc kindly posted re fishing the bagging waggler for places like drayton etc

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/39868

Last edited:

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Here you go[;)]
http://nick-gilbert.blogspot.com/2007/04/pellet-waggler-my-way.html

s444mjt

Originally posted by nick_gilbert

Here you go[;)]
http://nick-gilbert.blogspot.com/2007/04/pellet-waggler-my-way.html
thanks mate really helpful much appreciated let me no of your other articles if you will as a beginner to match fishing any help from a experienced angler like yourself can only do me the world of good love to learn new stuff spent my life chasing the really big uns had carp to 62.5 but match stuff new to me new challenge and luvin it any advice will b taken on board you can count on it lookin forward to hearin from ya mate once again thanks mark

Status
Not open for further replies.