Waggler Rod Recommendations

mac1280

Hi Guys,
I have recently taken up fishing again after not being on the bank for around 15 years. I have dragged all my old gear out, and have practically everything I need, except a rod (must've lent it out and never had it back..)

I will be fishing mainly small commercial waters locally where I live, which hold the usual rudd/roach perch and bream.... and a fair few carp in the low doubles.

I will want to be mainly waggler fishing, and trying to get some of the nicer decent sized fish, but not sure what sort of rod to get, and what the best size is to go for (or even if it matters) I will have a budget of upto / around 50 (maybe more later on in the year, if I decide to upgrade)

I did borrow a rod from a family member for a session, but they were given it and had never used it, and didnt know much about it. (it was a garbolino? super rocket carp waggler? if that means anything to anyone) would something like that be a decent cheap investment to start with or should I look at something else ?

Thanks[:D][8D]

rd350lc

Daiwa ninja rods are fantastic value for money and well worth a look .

The 12ft rods are 2 piece and the 13ft 3 piece

Angling direct have the 12ft in stock delivered for 40 quid

Last edited:

nejohn

Site Supporter
For less the 50 the ninjas are a good choice along with the maver abyss, frenzee pro and korum cs , personally I would go for a 12ft as it's a good compromise not to short but long enough to cast distances

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The Garbolino Super Rocket Carp Waggler was most likely 11 foot and is a good tool at the price but there are many to choose from.
Best bet is visit a tackle shop with a few to look at and decide which one suits you best.The 30 to 50 price bracket has lots of good rods The 50 to 75 bracket has lots more.

rd350lc

Originally posted by nejohn

For less the 50 the ninjas are a good choice along with the maver abyss, frenzee pro and korum cs , personally I would go for a 12ft as it's a good compromise not to short but long enough to cast distances

I have owned both the abyss and ninjas and would say the ninja is a far nicer bit of kit for the money .

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Ken I have one of those as well the 11-6 version.
Had a lot of waggler rods over the years and this is one of the nicest rods I have owned.

Had double figure carp and loads of skimmers on it and it handles all sizes very well.
Think it was about 40 off Ebay

rob_v

Have a look at the Shimano force master mini float rods
Quality rod for under 40 !!!

brethy

I have the Drennan series 7 11' puddle chucker and find it a really good responsive rod with a decent backbone.

Kirtons

Site Supporter
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/253191864003

Spend an extra 13 and get this. Even comes with a ready made rod sleeve great bit of kit.