Waders, Boots

matiny2k

Have been fishing in Fenland recently with the need to get my platform well into the water. When getting in I've noticed that actually with the sinky mud, normal wellies aren't adequate so it's a waders job. My normal wellies are really warm but my waders are fairly cheap Daiwa (about £30 I reckon).

It's not too bad now but at the weekend I did start to get cold feet with the waders on, even though my feet were out of the water for most of the session on my platform.

Decent socks aside, in terms of a better solution, can you get thermal type waders ? I've even wondered about chest waders but think that's a bit over the top and maybe not comfortable.

Thanks

Mat

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Why not get setup with waders then switch into your warm boots before you start fishing?

nejohn

Site Supporter
I did have a pair of the ones Sam speaks of with the waterproof boots attached which were pretty good (until the mice got them) but my mate has a pair of Daiwa neoprene chest waders which he swears by in the winter he says they keep all of his lower body warm and don't restrict movement any more than a quilted bib and brace, just had a search on ebay and found these.....at this price I may invest in some myself

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
It's a shame the UK size 10 is out of stock. :(

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Total I really wish you hadn't posted pictures of your fluffy slippers. :sick::D

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Can get foot warmers now that stick to your socks made from iron fillings like the hand warmers and heat pads for bad backs. Work great for winter fishing.

matiny2k

Why not get setup with waders then switch into your warm boots before you start fishing?
I did think about this but think it would be too tricky, particularly when I drop something in the water and need to get off the platform in a hurry !

Mat

jasonb

Account Locked
I got a pair of these last year and I strongly recommend them if you can still get them, very light to walk in and warm