Vulcan Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.

david platt

Fusilier
Hi All,
I have just been on to Yorkshire Air Museum and it says the
Vulcan will be at the Air show this year ( end of August )
Dave

mecca

Another smoggy
used to wait for the Vulcan years ago at teeside airports show. (long time ago) loudest plane ive ever heard....Fantastic.

My uncle was head of the airport fire service and i got access to some great views. magic

Last edited:

JOHN_M

The Bruntingthorpe Vulcan is due to fly after a complete overhaul at the end of this month.

midge99

I hope it flys over us. RAF Finningly (Now robin hood airport) used to be a vulcan base we lived over 5miles away as the crow flys from the airport but knew every time one was taking off.
Not the quitest of aircraft but a truely magnificent beast

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
most beautiful jet bomber to fly IMHO i have the most wonderful memory of two of them flying out from the far side of Snowdon when we did the valley airshow years back.............i herd them coming n my gaffer was going mad cos i stopped working and stood there waiting to see it (them) just as i looked towards Snowden the flew round the side of it and straight towards us then out to sea where they opened up and you felt the roar more than heard it.

few years later i saw something similar to my memory on a collectors plate.....it was called thunder in the valleys and from what i read it was taken from a photograph which had been shot at the same airshow.

Gobby

Think there is a programme on the History channel next Friday at 9 pm about the Vulcan bomber as it was involved in the Falklands war.

Last edited:

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
My first posting as a fresh faced 17 year old RAF recruit was to the Avionics bay at RAF Scampton working on the Vulcan. Fantastic looking aircraft very monoeuverable for its size.

Last edited:

D Wallace

leo
When i worked at RAF Leaming, The vulcans used to make the hanger's vibrate as they took off. They used to fly daily to check the radar. What a sight.

Miggy

St Ives Fishing
nah sorry lads but my mrs has booked the vulcan to bring her shopping home in that day, think i'll park it in next doors garden :D

ahammond

I used to live at Amesbury, just down the road from Boscombe Down, when I was a kid. Vulcans were a common daily sight as were the Victor and Valiant, until the Valiant took early retirement, as well as a lot of other hardware including for a while the TSR2.

Personally I have always preferred the look of the Victor over the Vulcan. I think that it has that bit more menace and purpose behind it.

Last edited:

svenc

London Blanker NOT
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pbqX0WIlJkU&mode=related&search=

Two of the best, red arrows and the vulcan.

Lets hope they get it flying and are granted a CAA certificate. There is another delay as they are short of 18 parts. It was hoped to have it in the Falklands flypast, but they have now cancelled. They hope to have it at Waddington airshow, that is now doubtfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.