Vlogging kit

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Other than a positive attitude what do you need to vlog?

I have seen you can get bankstick attachments for your phone but does the mic pick up your voice ok? Also seen some people using head cameras, is that a Go Pro? Can also see my batteries running out on both.

Editing software - I had some before for an old iMac and did a little playing around with it. Seemed intuitive. But what's the best and what's the cost?

Thoughts welcome.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My cousin uses one to make videos of his cycling so I might also have a word with him.

Some additional thoughts about vlogging.

1) It might put me off my fishing as I will be wary of making mistakes.
2) I might learn something about where I go wrong from watching myself.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Editing software - I had some before for an old iMac and did a little playing around with it. Seemed intuitive. But what's the best and what's the cost?

Thoughts welcome.
Here's one that's very easy to use (even I can use it), does everything you want/need such as special effects, slo-mo, titles and subtitles and a heck of a lot more including adding music. What's more, it's absolutely free with no limitations at all. Take a look...

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Here's one that's very easy to use (even I can use it), does everything you want/need such as special effects, slo-mo, titles and subtitles and a heck of a lot more including adding music. What's more, it's absolutely free with no limitations at all. Take a look...

Cheers mate. Looks the business. Like a free version of something like Final Cut by the looks of it. Had not heard of it but looks like all you need. I'm well into editing videos from watching movies and this looks just the job. (y)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Cheers mate. Looks the business. Like a free version of something like Final Cut by the looks of it. Had not heard of it but looks like all you need. I'm well into editing videos from watching movies and this looks just the job. (y)
It really is good mate, been using it for around 12 months now. Even the updates are free.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I been adapting a old 3 piece telescopic landing net handle today so I can attach my go pro.
Couple of pools on small stream I fancy a look at what’s at the bottom.
1 is at the end of some rapids where on the old map it says settlement but in middle of a forest now.
2 is a really deep pool of same stream where is goes under train line and over a man made wear.

MarkW

GoPros and similar give an awful fisheye view. I use a camcorder, a compact and a DSLR with microphones as appropriate. I have a GoPro copy for underwater with a pole that extends to about 7 metres; water clarity is everything for underwater and last year was diabolical locally.

For basic editing Openshot is OK and what I started with but DaVinci Resolve 17 is free and absolutely brilliant but takes a lot of learning.