Vitalin preperation ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanny

Bought some Vitalin, and fancy giving it a go with the method.
Has anybody tried it ? and if so could possibly give me some advise, with regards mixes etc. [:p]

p.sw

Moster

Try this mix:
One third Vitalin
One third CSL Pellets
One third Trout Pellets
Plus others flavours if you want, eg sweetcorn dead maggot

Put it all in an airtight bucket and mix it all together, then fill with water up to the top of your mix, as soon as you have filled your bucket drain all the excess water away seal the bucket give it a shake and leave it for a few hours. Check on it after a few hours and give it another shake. Carry on this process untill you are ready to fish. Give it 24hrs as the vitalin takes a while to soak up all the water. It gives a very sticky mix that holds to your feeder well, stinks but breaks up lovely in the water. If you have any left at the end of a sesion freeze it and catapult it in at a later date

MALC

Round my way (Midlands) most waters (commercials) respond to a softer and lower food content mix than that posted by Moster and what i tend to do is give the Vitalin a good blast in the blender to crush it to a powder.

Then add Fishmeal and some crushed Pellet Powder.

Careful how much water you add though as Vitalin can set like concrete.[;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

swanny

Malc, would you mix the night befoe ? would you mix more sloppy or more of a stiff mix ?[;)]

p.sw

MALC

Must admit 90% of the time i mix my groundbait on the bank as i like a bit of activity to it.

As for the consistency i tend to vary it depending on the fishery and how i want it to act for example :[:)]

For use with "The Method" i'll make it damp but put it through a riddle 2 or 3 times to take out any bigger lumps and to aireate the mix so it falls off the feeder quick.

For use with a "Cage feeder" i'll make it dryer so it explodes from the feeder either on hitting the water or once on the bottom depending how the fish want it at the time.

For balling in i tend to go slightly on the damper side so the balls take a while to break down on the bottom.

Bear in mind though all the above are for stillwaters when after either Carp or Bream.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
i just use vitalin as it is... get to bank ..pour the ''stuff'' in a bucket Maybe through some hemp in ;)....

av have it slighly damp so it stciks to method feeder,,,

VERY good stuff ad a stunning session on it

Regards Gf
Datafile3.asp

Ian C

My variation on this theme is I use part "straight" Vitalin and part blended Vitalin, to which I add some crushed hemp.
I usually mix the straight Vitalin (and crushed hemp) with hot water the day before I go and use the blended Vitalin to get the consistancy how I want it. This then goes into a sealed container ready for use the next day. [:)]

Datafile3.asp

Ian C

Status
Not open for further replies.