virgins festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
are any of you lot thinking/going to the new WA festival???? i am thinking about it but wondered if anyone else was? im still trying to get more info on the place at the moment

never been there before and heard good/bad reports but even the other half likes the look of the place and she doesnt fish!!!

MALC

Tony,

Took the wife and kids the last 2 years and when we were there in May we booked up for a week in September this year.
But we are now going to cancel and find somewhere different instead for the following reasons.

Disclaimer for Dave's protection[;)]
The following are my views and not necessarily the views of the owners or members of maggotdrowning.com

Against

The site is not a lot of good for any one not interested in fishing (the wife).[:(]

Any non fishing partners need to be able to drive to get away from the site otherwise they are stuck there with nothing to do.[:(]

If kids go there is next to nothing for them to do.[:(]

The fishing was of a lower standard than i can get within a 20 min drive from home.[:(][:(]

For

It's away from home and it's in Cornwall.[8D][:D][8D]

I would imagine it's better for a group of anglers as that is what it is geared up for now (fishing and beer).

Kev's the man to ask though as he goes to all the festivals and does well (for a cokehead)[;)][;)]

Ray and Janet go every year as well and enjoy it as do Geoff and Margeret (so maybe it's just me)[;)]

Kev,

No way can you be called a WhiteAcres Virgin [;)] (Skol Masters Finalist)

p.s.
this is my first post on Broadband and it's a lot faster than dialup..

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Malc,

I have been to Whiteacres about 20 times over the past 15 years. I first went there when it was a family run park. Pat Seery and his family are nice people. Andy Seery first got the fishing going. He now runs Stafford Moor in Devon.

My favourite spot was Bolingey, which is now only open for anglers who stay at Whiteacres and has been decimated by wire fences and the removal of every species except for carp.

I was fortunate to meet Ray and Jan at Whiteacres in September 2001, and we were down there again last May, when we had the pleasure of your familys company. I can certainly say that I will not be there again.

If Dave needs a disclaimer for my honest opinions, then he has one.

I am not a match angler, and I find that Whiteacres seem to disregard the pleasure angler, and seems to be totally match orientated.

I will have my holidays, this year, based round the fish-ins, and least that way I know I will have good company.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

kev coke

MALC

How can you say such a remark i must be a bad match fisherman you beat me in a match and i was on the flier dont forget im not sponsered heck i dont even fish for 6 months of the year i got to be able to fish the festival.

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

MALC

Kev,

No offence meant,[:)] but thats the problem.

What is the proposed format for saying who can or can not enter.

What or who is a WhiteAcres Virgin.[?]
Is it an angler that has never fished there before !
Is it an angler that has never won a match or section there !
Is it an angler that only fishes at the lower club level !
Is it an occasional open angler !
Is it only non sponsored anglers !

The list could go on.[:)][:)]

Hopefully you see what i'm trying to say [;)]

Personally i think it's a good idea but it will be impossible to restrict it to any 1 of the above groups (i know i would not want to sort it out).

They got the right idea in the Gold and Silver pools but even thats been "worked" a few times this season already.

MALC

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:What or who is a WhiteAcres Virgin.
Is it an angler that has never fished there before !
Is it an angler that has never won a match or section there !
Is it an angler that only fishes at the lower club level !
Is it an occasional open angler !
Is it only non sponsored anglers !

.....its definately NOT Larry [:D][:p]

Dave

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
from what i understand, the format is for club abnglers and occasional open anglers, i dont think it matters if you have fished there before.

Kev, have you any costs yet then? i have got to speak to the missus about it and i want to know the times of matches etc before i decide!

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Malc -

I was interested to see your comments. I was thinking about going for a week in May this year, but your comments about the wife & kids side has changed my mind.

Can anybody suggest anywhere else that:

Provides good fishing for my 10 year old son and I.

Provides a range of things to do for the non-fishing members of the family (son of 15, daughter of 7 and my wife).

Somewhere with reasonable access to the beach/sea would be great.

Has anybody tried any of the other Cornwall/Devon venues?

AlanP

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
A lot of ppl recommend stafford moor in devon, go to the toal fishing site and there is a thread about it there

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
just had a email back from WA. they said if you are interested in fishing then email them with your details and the details of the club you fish for and they will pass your details onto clint and he is making the decision and after that they will send out the invites!

martin.

Account Locked
hi alan p
theres a few sites around skegness area one in particular i could recomend is waterside lesure ingoldmells it has 3 lakes on one of you can throw a stone onto the beach from the side of it nearly.

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Alan,

Try Peranporth in Cornwall.

There is some coarse fishing within a short drive (Bolingey used to be one) but above all there's plenty for the family to do in and around there and Newquay is only a short bus ride away.

Dave

MALC

Dave,

Bolingey is now only fishable by WhiteAcres residence (much to the annoyance of locals).

There are a few other camp site's in the area though that have pools with Gwinear being the best known.

MALC

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
AlanP, Try this site:

http://www.trevella.co.uk

Talking to Ray, he said he has seen the site and it looks good.

Dave,

Bolingey used to be a cracking place for pleasure fishing but last year they put nets up to separate the lake into 3 section, took out all the silver fish, tench and perch and put in 200lb of carp per peg. Now totally match orientated and only available to those who stay at Whiteacres.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Larry

Lazarus
I can definatly reccomend Perran Porth for a fishing /family holiday.
Plenty of everthing, Pub's/hotel's Campsite's,Great Beach

. One of the best beache's in cornwall backed by tremendous sand dunes.

And within easy reach of some of Cornwall's other resort's

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Larry

Lazarus
Dave,
Your'e wrong it is me iv'e definatly not done any of those items regarding w/a virgin contest in your earlier post

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

kev coke

GING
I have put a reply on the matchmans diary thread but just to bring it up here as well the chances are that myself and gingert will not be able to fish this festival as we dont meet the standard to fish virgins festival as will a lot of people who apply to fish it as well but to get to the point the people that are going to be elegable to fish this virgins festival are they really going to pay 120 just to fish it and then spend 310 to 490 on a caravan at white acres which you will have to have to fiah the festival as it is one of the rules then you bait and travel on top if you base it on 2 people sharing a car and caravan travelling from the midlands then they would be looking at 420 each and this is just for bait ,travel ,caravan and entry and does not include food and beer so would you normal fisherman how only fish matches every now and then would you pay 420 just to fish the virgins festival at white acres.

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Kev

I put my name forward but as i used to be a regular open angler and fished for teams i very doubt i will able to fish and to be honest i have been working out the costs as well and unless i can share there aint no way i can do it so im planning to go to NY now!

kev coke

GING
If we both get an invite mate then we can go together and share if you want mate

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

Status
Not open for further replies.