Vintage Tackle Auction

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
My first rod was a bit of bamboo with a cotton reel on a big split pin whipped to the cane, it had a silk line and there were only 2 eyes on the rod....... had it till me 9th birthday then I got one of those solid glass 6 footers with a tideflo strikerite centerpin

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I remembers the Woolworth jobbie you mentioned above, a green one, if I remember rightly, with a cheap foreign centre pin of some sort....Dad and I shared that rod alternately, "one bite or one fish each" he used to say to me....Happy days...:).....The 'Black Prince' reel was bought 3 months later after getting the Woolworth's rod....I remember going to the shop with him to buy it, just over one pound I think....:giggle:
Bang on Mark. Although I didn't get a centre pin with my one. Unless dad nicked it and never told me they came with one. 😆 I reckon your old pa was living a double life Mark as I've done that with my dad. Your dad didn't disappear for a day every now and again did he ? ...... Brother ? 😲😆👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I remembers the Woolworth jobbie you mentioned above, a green one, if I remember rightly, with a cheap foreign centre pin of some sort....Dad and I shared that rod alternately, "one bite or one fish each" he used to say to me....Happy days...:).....The 'Black Prince' reel was bought 3 months later after getting the Woolworth's rod....I remember going to the shop with him to buy it, just over one pound I think....:giggle:
What's betting the keepnet and landing net in the pic are knotted mesh Mark ? Oooooh I can just feel it now. Dry as a bone they'd take five layers of skin off the palm of a bricklayers hand. 😲😣😆😆

Total

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick .....I didn't see much of Dad until I was 5 years old mate.....He was a night worker all his working life in the 'Print'..... A brilliant Father and a man and could turn his hand to anything.....All those happy hours spent in his company, especially when fishing, are very precious memories...:)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick .....I didn't see much of Dad until I was 5 years old mate.....He was a night worker all his working life in the 'Print'..... A brilliant Father and a man and could turn his hand to anything.....All those happy hours spent in his company, especially when fishing, are very precious memories...:)
Come here ya big lump. Let me give you a hug. 😲. Tis all we have mate is memories. Like Wise Owl does ... Live everyday like it's your last. I bet when you went with your dad it secretly turned into a match. 😆😆👍

Total

Site Supporter
Come here ya big lump. Let me give you a hug. 😲. Tis all we have mate is memories. Like Wise Owl does ... Live everyday like it's your last. I bet when you went with your dad it secretly turned into a match. 😆😆👍
^^ Smiling here.:);).....Every fishing exploit with Dad was a 'match' Mick.:giggle:.....He didn't win one when out with me until he was 65! lolol:love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
^^ Smiling here.:);).....Every fishing exploit with Dad was a 'match' Mick.:giggle:.....He didn't win one when out with me until he was 65! lolol:love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....
Winning fisho or beating my dad .... I'd take beating my dad everyday of the week. Lose to my dad and I'd never hear the last of it. 😆😆👍

Total

Site Supporter
Winning fisho or beating my dad .... I'd take beating my dad everyday of the week. Lose to my dad and I'd never hear the last of it. 😆😆👍
Just a thought Mick! :love: .....The centre pin off the Woolworth Jobbie was missing 'cos your Dad used it when he was learning how to roll luncheon meat! :geek::giggle::ROFLMAO:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Never really saw my old man till I was 8... he was always on overseas duty... (more money and peace and quiet from me mum...) in fact I think his leaves were coinciding with the conception of my 2 brothers and me sister....🤣🤣🤣 till me mum made him come out of the Navy in 66...

Sadly my old man had no interest at all in fishing... my one regret is that I never got to sit with him on the bankside

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Never really saw my old man till I was 8... he was always on overseas duty... (more money and peace and quiet from me mum...) in fact I think his leaves were coinciding with the conception of my 2 brothers and me sister....🤣🤣🤣 till me mum made him come out of the Navy in 66...

Sadly my old man had no interest at all in fishing... my one regret is that I never got to sit with him on the bankside
:oops: How strange

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just a thought Mick! :love: .....The centre pin off the Woolworth Jobbie was missing 'cos your Dad used it when he was learning how to roll luncheon meat! :geek::giggle::ROFLMAO:
He’s brilliant at that Mark. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve watched him roll a bait under an overhanging tree and caught big chub. That’s when he’s had some luncheon meat as when I was a kid I used to eat it when he wasn’t looking. 🤮🙄😂😂

Total

Site Supporter
He’s brilliant at that Mark. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve watched him roll a bait under an overhanging tree and caught big chub. That’s when he’s had some luncheon meat as when I was a kid I used to eat it when he wasn’t looking. 🤮🙄😂😂
My Dad would have left a hook in a piece to break that habit Mick! :giggle::ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My Dad would have left a hook in a piece to break that habit Mick! :giggle::ROFLMAO:
When I got a bit older he’d take me night fishing on our local Wintersett reservoir. Around midnight he’d chirp ..... “ right lad, time for a bacon and egg sarnie “ to which he’d make the most terrible sandwich you’d ever seen. He’d pass me my sandwich and say ..... “ don’t tell your mum will ya lad ? “. I thought .... too right I’m not dad. She’s packed me up with a roast beef sarnie, a couple of packets of crisps and a six pack of Tunnocks caramel wafers which I was supposed to share with you but hey, you go enjoy your burnt bacon and egg sarnie dad. 😂😂😂

Love ya dad. 😘

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
^^:giggle:.... @tipitinmick......And Dad made sure you got lumbered when you grew up with all his decorating chores for being a cheeky sod!:love::ROFLMAO:
😆😆. Yep, he did me on that one. He's always made out he's rubbish at DIY and so mum never asks him to do anything. Wish I'd thought of that when I got married 30 odd years ago. 😣😣