Site Supporter
No photo description available.
Image may contain: outdoor
+8

Cast North West

💥💥Vintage/Antique Tackle💥💥

At AppleCast we fully appreciate any fishing tackle donations and will continue to accept them. However, we have been unable to pass on any of this vintage fishing gear to any of our angling students and it unfortunately remains surplus to our requirements. We have decided to offer this full lot by way of an auction where the highest bidder takes it all. The lot features some classic UK brand names such as - Edgar Sealy, Milbro, Martin James and K.P Morrit’s. Any money raised from the sale of this will be put pack in to purchasing any future fishing equipment we need to help us keep Juniors involved in the sport of Angling. We will not be offering a postal service and would prefer an on site collection if possible. Please send any price offers to us on here via this post or by private message. The highest offer wins it all. Closing date will be 30th September 2020. Please tag anyone who may be interested. Thank you and good luck.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
the green "Efgeeco" one goes for reasonable money to the "Old Skoolers"

the rest of it you would be hard pushed to give it away
You're wrong there Mick... there are people in this world who love their vintage gear.. Its a growing market.... more than you'd think.... nearly all my stuff is vintage now... doesn't stop you catching though.... as its the last foot of your gear that does the damage... guess you could call me an "Old Schooler"...🤣🤣🤣😜🤪

rudd

Site Supporter
Have a pile of reels including intrepids, jw young and mitchels and a couple of rods - shakey 1834, milbro put in, edgar sealy beach rod.
Will.bet some pics up - so far no interest locally😐

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Some lovely looking rods there a 13 Ft cane rod would do nicely. :)

Scribe

Site Supporter
@rudd the one on the far right reminds me of my first 13 Ft fishing rod. :)

Scribe

Site Supporter
If I am not mistaken there is a JW Youngs Rapidex in with the reels only know cos I have one.

Arry

Site Supporter
Thats the milbro put in fibre glass
Then shakey continental match
Milbro cane fly rod
Dont habe a clue wooden ghing
Edger sealy beach rod
The wooden one is probably a strap back or starback... don't think its a slater latch... cleaned up and polished and in good working order... £35 all day long

Arry

Site Supporter
theres Rapidex and an Ambidex in amongst the various mitchells, pfluegers and Daiwas

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick .....I'm sure I recognise that 'Milbro' rod (bottom rod in main photo)....Looks very much like the first rod my Dad (RIP) bought me as a nipper...:)
My first rod was a solid glass 7 footer out of Woolworths along with a black prince reel. My second rod ( and much treasured until our Alsatian ate it ) was a 12’ sealy blue match. Gosh I loved that rod. All my mates were jealous. Oh the good owd days. 🎣

Total

Site Supporter
My first rod was a solid glass 7 footer out of Woolworths along with a black prince reel. My second rod ( and much treasured until our Alsatian ate it ) was a 12’ sealy blue match. Gosh I loved that rod. All my mates were jealous. Oh the good owd days. 🎣
I remembers the Woolworth jobbie you mentioned above, a green one, if I remember rightly, with a cheap foreign centre pin of some sort....Dad and I shared that rod alternately, "one bite or one fish each" he used to say to me....Happy days...:).....The 'Black Prince' reel was bought 3 months later after getting the Woolworth's rod....I remember going to the shop with him to buy it, just over one pound I think....:giggle:

rudd

Site Supporter
theres Rapidex and an Ambidex in amongst the various mitchells, pfluegers and Daiwas
Its a nice little bundle 😉
Just sitting in a box as no where to put them!
All also work apart from bail arm on one of the mitchel match (440a?)