video please

stikflote

Site Supporter
Hello. can someone put a video on so i can see if it will open on my mac in chrome
please
keith

stikflote

Site Supporter
well they opened ok ,ive noticed all the ones wise owl puts on i can open ,

but there were some on today that just showed a black screen and Eject icon ,
im on chrome at moment

davylad

Site Supporter
Did you find your photos mate? If not don't worry they'll be there somewhere.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Was there a difference in the file type for the photos that went missing Keith, such as .jpeg or .jpg ?

I'm just wondering if they are there but not recognised

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
@stikflote

Try this:

Jun 11, 2017 5:58 AM in response to nomennescio

Hi Everyone, I have been experiencing the same issue with the Photos app Store, I would be missing about 10,000 pictures and then they would appear again. This has happen a couple of times since I switched from iPhotos to Photos app, its been a few years. Over the last few days it happen again and ever since then I've tried and tried to recover my precious valuable photos but had not luck, until this morning. I HAVE RECOVERED ALL OF MY 10,000 PHOTOS! what i did was

1. open finder
2. go to pictures
3. scrolled all the way down until I found a folder labeled "A Day at the Museum" and another one labeled "Photos Library
4. I doubled clicked on the "Photos Library" and Photos app opened up and a small window pop up asking me if i wanted to switch from " a day at the museum" to "photos library". I clicked yes, although I was terrified of loosing the remaining photos, and after it made the switch and Photos app re open all of my pictures appeared. Hope this is helpful, best of luck. Let me know if it worked for you guys.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I know my version of Safari on my iPad won’t play videos originating on facebook which I think are MP4s. I haven’t had any problems in Chrome though.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Pictures does not show in finder or photos library,this is all to do with update to Catalina ,my fault for not looking for any reviews

now an awful lot of people have lost the photo,s
ive tried a few things but they have not worked.
Its got to be the worst OP. Apple have brought out

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Safari reads MP4 formats differently to every other browser out there, hence the reason why they don't display.
There are various discussions about it out there and various changes suggested to the way servers are configured in order to resolve it. However, any changes will have other impacts and tbh there aren't many people who use Safari and then you've got to factor in how many want to view the videos in mp4 format, before evaluating if the changes are necessary.
In addition we don't have any control over the servers that videos are stored on if the video is only included by linking.

squimp

Site Supporter
For weeks I haven’t been able to open (on an iPad) the video links posted by certain people on here. Notably Dave. Others were fine ??!

a few days ago they all started to work, I have no idea why......

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Are they still working now?

I made a few changes at this end to try to help stickflote out

squimp

Site Supporter
Just done a test:

the Teabag one from ‘arry’ won’t open - it just flashes up and then closes again.

the top one from ‘tinca mad’ did open fine.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
@squimp - can you see the video at the top of this thread

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/new-bar.220523

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is that linked to though so not on our server?