Video on here

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think WO said something about videos and he was using an iPhone as well.

Let me look into the settings at this end as we've had a few software upgrades over the past few months so something might have been affected.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
@62tucker what happens if you click the X on the 'Oops...' message, does the video continue to upload?

I can see something happening in the thumbnail

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've just checked with the software developers and there is a bug in this version re the uploading of videos using iPhones. They are going to look into it.

62tucker

Site Supporter
If I click the x it just goes off. I used to upload using the video sign.
or the attach file sign.
now it seem to do the same as before but then goes blank like this below.

BD446AFD-069A-4109-A2CB-AC2DB9A01C66.png

where I do a photo it says insert

Attachments

• IMG_7546.MOV
    23.1 MB · Views: 0

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's basically what the bug report states.

All being well it will be fixed in the next update

(PS if I click the thumbnail of the video the audio plays, just not the visual)

62tucker

Site Supporter
This is what it looks like
The photo will upload ok. But video is blank
EA55C345-1998-4148-B28D-0C144630106B.jpeg

62tucker

Site Supporter
That's basically what the bug report states.

All being well it will be fixed in the next update

(PS if I click the thumbnail of the video the audio plays, just not the visual)
Think it happened before you done the server change

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem with video uploads in general is different devices and platforms record video differently and there is no saying that what works on one will work on all. Even saved formats are different.
Add into the mix the size of the video being recorded vs the quality and you have another load of issues when it comes to uploading them and then a viewer downloading them within their browser to view, not to mention the server space required for storing high quality lengthy videos, and that's if the server-side software allows the file size.

I use an app called Video Panda - it's brilliant for condensing videos made on a phone, and the condensed video can be saved in MP4 format which should work on all devices.

Total

Site Supporter
The problem with video uploads in general is different devices and platforms record video differently and there is no saying that what works on one will work on all. Even saved formats are different.
Add into the mix the size of the video being recorded vs the quality and you have another load of issues when it comes to uploading them and then a viewer downloading them within their browser to view, not to mention the server space required for storing high quality lengthy videos, and that's if the server-side software allows the file size.

I use an app called Video Panda - it's brilliant for condensing videos made on a phone, and the condensed video can be saved in MP4 format which should work on all devices.
Video/photo/sound formats have always been a mare with Apple....Full stop....Alright if you know /understand what's going on and can codec accordingly...

Bearing in mind what you have to consider across multi platforms you do a Stirling job....End of.(y)

That 'Video Panda' App you mentioned above/before on here does a cracking job on a mobile.....(y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem with Apple is they do not want to follow industry standards, instead they want to create their own standards which in some aspects are not compatible or workable with industry led ones.

Simple things such as video formats, to browser coding, and even WPA. Apple isn't interested in running with the rest of the pack so to speak.

Total

Site Supporter
The problem with Apple is they do not want to follow industry standards, instead they want to create their own standards which in some aspects are not compatible or workable with industry led ones.

Simple things such as video formats, to browser coding, and even WPA. Apple isn't interested in running with the rest of the pack so to speak.

Always been their way...(y).....I applaud/welcome new ideas/technology etc.....But not at my expense/time etc etc....