Video games

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone here play video games? I don't too much. I have a PS4 but only really use it for the snooker game Hustle Kings at the moment. Haven't seen a game that's interested me on that for a while. Anything I'm missing?

I'm a big fan of point and click adventure games though, been some good independent ones recently, they remind me of good choose your own adventure novels.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have a PS4 and tend to get 2 or 3 games each autumn to get me through those few really bad cold, wet and windy winter days that you get when there's not much else to do but come about February time the novelty has always worn off and the console goes away til the next autumn new game season. Tend to just get franchise games for nostalgic reasons.

Dusty

Have a PS4 and play quite regularly, most of the time I play online with friends on games like FIFA or Battlefield.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've never played much online against mates. Even Hustle Kings I tend to play against random oppenents.

This has been my favourite game recently.

Basically the games I look forward to most are point and click games, like a new Monkey Island or Broken Sword if they ever get released.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Yes, Video games basically destroyed my childhood from about the age of 12 till about 16.

Used to be addicted to a Facebook game called Yo Ville which is a social game on Facebook where you're able to walk around the world with other players, buy homes and in game items with coins and of course decorate the homes, The biggest selling point though; The in game economy, trading rare + collectable items with other players to accumulate wealth. At one point I was certainly one of the 'high rollers' in the game and had accumulated about £3-4000 worth of in game items before I stopped playing. I then got a PS3 and started playing good ol' Call of Duty (CoD WAW), Then CoD4 and then obviously Black Ops, Eventually stopped with the playstation because it got tedious then I ventured into the world of PC Gaming which I still do now, though I massively restrict myself these days. I'm big into open world shooters and started off on 'DayZ Epoch', Then 'Rust' and now 'Escape From Tarkov'. These are all very competitive games in their own right where there simply are no rules and if you lose; you lose all and have to start again. I'm also into other competitive shooters such as CS:GO which everybody should know, Other than that I dabble in turn based / strategy based games such as Total War (Warhammer FTW), Sid Miers Civilisation and so on.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Franchises I still play are things like far cry, just cause, anything Star Wars, Fifa which is weird as don't really like football, gran turismo before they ruined it and call of duty but only the modern warefares and ww2 ones not the futuristic rubbish. Even as a teenager I never got addicted to them like I did with my outdoor pursuits of fishing, rugby and cricket.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
How did they ruin Gran Turismo? I played the original then didn't play it for several years until the most recent one and it seems alright to me.

Although, I reckon the overall quality of Playstation games has gone down. The last Metal Gear Solid was rubbish. And nothing is quite as exciting as when Tomb Raider first came out now. Even games I should like, like LA Noire, I struggle to finish.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I've never bothered with them, they just don't interest me.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Gran turismo used to have literally hundreds of cars loads of tracks and had plenty of offline content whereas the most recent one seemed to have about 10% as many cars, half as many tracks and was mostly online. Seems to be less than half the game for your money.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I don’t have a console but I do have a bike. I like to play out on it. I’m old school (y)
Joking a side, when I last played Xbox the game I got was gta san andras , they made it to big and to much side things to do so I got bored. Haven’t bothered since.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Gran turismo used to have literally hundreds of cars loads of tracks and had plenty of offline content whereas the most recent one seemed to have about 10% as many cars, half as many tracks and was mostly online. Seems to be less than half the game for your money.

I played it online for a while and seemed to get a lot of cars waiting behind for a lap and then ramming you off the track as you passed them on your next lap, seemed to take quite a while for them to get 'ghosted' so they couldn't ram cars. I see what you mean about the lack of tracks though, they basically have the Nurburgring and a few others.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
I got quite addicted to Medal of honour on my boys xbox a few years back. Would spend hours on it.

crusty

Albatross18 which later became Pangya! I played it quite a lot for a few years and loved it, -32 ice spa, world pro, lol, seems mad now.

Ian

foster82

I have an xbox and a PS4 there is an half decent fishing game for the PS4 that's free. Helps pass the time in the winter . also have euro fishing on the Xbox one which is not too bad.

jods

Site Supporter
Use to play WOW and CS since 1.6. Now play Heroes of the storm, League of Legends and a bit of Apex Legends all PC games. Not owned a console since the original Playstation.

Corn Master

Skyrim
Destiny 1 and 2 (I'm godly on D1. Went flawless about 40 times)
Waiting for the new Borderlands and Outer Worlds
Loved Red Dead 2
Screenshot_20190821-172045_Xbox.jpg

AdieSWA

I play on a PS4 quite regularly, normally games such as Oblivion, Skyrim, Red Dead 2...at the moment paying Days Gone but its a bit slow