Video Game Music

FadingLikeDecay

There's some amazing music that comes from video games. Skyrim was a fantastic game and I just discovered this concert thanks to the YouTube suggestions algorithm.
This track in particular, 'Far Horizons', just sent shivers down my spine and took me back to 'feels' of the first time I played it.
A great performance of a special piece of music

The Streets of Whiterun is also worthy of a mention from the same concert (timestamp is different from the above video)

Are there any fellow gamers on here that have any favourite tracks from games, or associated with a game?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I am more into old 8 bit chip music from games but do appreciate the sound design in games like Quake (Trent Reznor) that has Eraserhead style noisescapes. A couple of old Chip favourites are things like Shadow of the Beast, Nightbreed, R Type etc. My favourite types of games are Point and Click games and I don't venture too far into games these days. Both Broken Sword and Monkey Island have memorable melodic themes. And although I generally don't like those kind of epic 'action' style scores when they appear in films, Metal Gear Solid did a good job of that kind of music. Film scores (a lot of them being a combination of electronic and orchestral are more my thing) but I will check out the ones you posted.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thinking about it, this has been the standout to me of games I've played recently, an indie Point and Click scored by Nathan Allen Pinard. It has a Blade Runner / China Town vibe to it but it's not quite on the scale of some bigger games being an indie.

FadingLikeDecay

Thinking about it, this has been the standout to me of games I've played recently, an indie Point and Click scored by Nathan Allen Pinard. It has a Blade Runner / China Town vibe to it but it's not quite on the scale of some bigger games being an indie.

That first track reminds me a lot of this

Robwooly

This was the title song from Civilization IV , I used to let it play out before I played the game sometimes as it's a cracking bit of music, think it was the first game tune to win a Grammy.

FadingLikeDecay

This was the title song from Civilization IV , I used to let it play out before I played the game sometimes as it's a cracking bit of music, think it was the first game tune to win a Grammy.

I've never played any of the Civ games, Age of Empires 2 was as close to that kind of thing as I got.
That track wouldn't have been out of place in the recent Lion King remake.

FadingLikeDecay

I was addicted to League of Legends for about 8 years, not just the game but the whole virtual world they created beyond it, which was in no small part, fuelled by incredible music video animations. These were either actual songs or cinematics which showcased the games lore and featured some in-game champions along with vocals from a variety of musicians of different genres. Everytime one of these was released, it always had this effect of hyping players up, making you want to play the game more.

Here are some examples that I like:

Visually, this is probably my favourite, especially the scene where Camille (female cyborg with bladed legs) rushes through the theatre, grapples upwards, and then descends spinning downwards to engage Jhin (the masked guy at the start, playing the piano) who bows. To me, its a stunning spectacle, the palette of colour and the action is just amazing. It was even my desktop background for quite a while

I like this song on this more than the previous, the animation style is very different (as is often the case) and features some of the professional LoL Esport players from around the world, of the time.

It gets a little strange here... For whatever reason, Riot Games decided to create a theoretical 'girl band' from 4 existing female champions. This track is one where they introduced a 5th to join it. Yeah, its a bit strange as I said, however, the animation is awesome and the different vocalist's (which includes the rather lovely Madison Beer and Jeon So-yeon) represent the characters really well.

Imagine Dragons also made a song for the game, its a classic example of a hype-up track

Robwooly

I've never played any of the Civ games, Age of Empires 2 was as close to that kind of thing as I got.
That track wouldn't have been out of place in the recent Lion King remake.
Yeah it's actually the Lords Prayer sung in Swahili.

As some one said on Youtube - It's a white guy with a mixed race mixed sex choir conducted by a Chinese guy singing a song for a game about the rise and fall of civilization, very apt.