Very nice record Carp...

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
...and you won't need many chips with it.

rudd

Site Supporter
His headtorch went off during fight!
Try a ridgemonkey mate 😉

smiffy

Site Supporter
What’s the problem with claiming the record? And what’s with the death threats?
I assume they are imported fish?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's about time people stopped using Facebook and similar platforms where content isn't monitored, too many idiots on there allowed to get away with stuff.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Actually the stocked fish in this country are British... they are home grown, selectively bred and hand reared and stocked at a high weight to grow on even bigger... the death threats were made by Anti's and small minded w@nk&rs... A lad who caught captain Jack (then the biggest at 80+lbs) got all sorts of grief from jealous anglers who really should know better... I personally do not think it should be claimed as a record due to the high stocking weight, but I do congratulate the bloke for managing to get the take and play it in... Holme fen isn't an easy water

markymark123

Site Supporter
Death threats for catching a fish :oops: I'm so glad I don't take things to serious and still able to go out fishing and just enjoy it regardless of what I catch. It can get all a bit over the top on facebook unfortunately, snide remarks and slagging one and all off because they have done this and that, just crazy.
Cracking carp to have caught mind you, would have loved to have had a run off that.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
some folks are just sour at the fact that they didn't catch it... or peed off that they can't afford the ticket, or too far down the waiting list.... its just sour grapes and they snipe back at the lad (lass) who does well.... sad really

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Actually the stocked fish in this country are British... they are home grown, selectively bred and hand reared and stocked at a high weight to grow on even bigger... the death threats were made by Anti's and small minded w@nk&rs... A lad who caught captain Jack (then the biggest at 80+lbs) got all sorts of grief from jealous anglers who really should know better... I personally do not think it should be claimed as a record due to the high stocking weight, but I do congratulate the bloke for managing to get the take and play it in... Holme fen isn't an easy water
Death threats, whatever next? Shoot them in the face `arry!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
That’s a carp ? I thought it was a double decker bus. Wow. That’s huge. Is it healthy for a fish like a carp to get to these sizes ?

rudd

Site Supporter
Hi arry, British and Native - an urgment for the politics forum 😄