Very frustrating day.....but loved it..

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Good angling, 7-10lbs that lot easy, i have the same unhooking mat knocking about so i have an idea :D

Flathead

Site Supporter
Well done....seems like you are getting things right...and now you can fish there any time you like as a member(y)

When you get to know the place bit better, and in warmer weather, who knows what awaits.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Nice set of commons there mate, just need to find them fully scaled mirrors and make some mixed pairs, good skills.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Some cracking commons there mate. Definitely more than 6 lbs, all of 'em. Don't know why but I much prefer commons to mirrors.
Your missus must be a soft touch. Fishing two days & then golf :oops:
Haha, she's a good'un, no doubt about it.

To be fair, I'm on holiday from work yesterday and today, using up some annual leave allowance. She's working from home so prefers me to be out of the house so I can't disturb her...

I'm off all week next week so there may be a few more trips planned, weather permitting.

rudd

Site Supporter
Rocky bottom, 6lb line
I think your line suffered abrasion and knots may have been fine.
Nice looking fish 😉

Davethefish

Well done Stewie, great write ups, your enjoyment of the day shines through. Don't be so down on your landing net handle, it's not a good idea to be lifting decent sized Carp clear of the water with any handle. Just lift the rim clear of the water after netting the fish and draw the handle towards you, then lift the net from the spreader block.