Very difficult to write

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Thank you for all the kind words and wishes, at such a difficult time they really do mean a lot. I'm happy to report that Ken is still with us, no better but certainly not worse and I have managed to get a flight over next Thursday so I will be able to help look after him for a while. He is still entertaining everyone with his singing and jokes, he really doesn't realise how serious it is and we, as a family, cannot see any harm in letting him carry on in blissful ignorance.
Once again, many thanks to you all for the wonderful comments. If I am still in England on the 17th I might bring him to watch the weigh in at the Trent match, if he's up to it.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Thank you for all the kind words and wishes, at such a difficult time they really do mean a lot. I'm happy to report that Ken is still with us, no better but certainly not worse and I have managed to get a flight over next Thursday so I will be able to help look after him for a while. He is still entertaining everyone with his singing and jokes, he really doesn't realise how serious it is and we, as a family, cannot see any harm in letting him carry on in blissful ignorance.
Once again, many thanks to you all for the wonderful comments. If I am still in England on the 17th I might bring him to watch the weigh in at the Trent match, if he's up to it.
Your dad may know more than you think Dave and chooses to see his day's out as he has lived, with a smile, a laugh a joke and a song,
Tell you what Dave if your dad is up to it bring him down earlier, I could do with a pair of master Trentmen sat on my shoulder. (y)

one of Melton's finest Pork Pies in it for you both to enjoy, I'll even bring some decent pickle to enjoy along with it. :upthumb:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
He sounds a right character Dave... you're lucky to have a father and friend like him... take care...

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Very sad to report that I lost Ken this morning. I came over on Thursday and we had a great day, Friday he was down and slept most of the day but he perked up last night and we had a right laugh together watching the royal family on tv. Put him to bed at 11:00pm said goodnight and this morning he had passed away, peacefully in his sleep. I just thank God that I came over in time and that he didn't suffer.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Really sorry to hear about your loss Dave, you have our deepest condolences. But your dad got to spend his last hours with you, happy and still having a laugh. I hope that brings you some measure of comfort.
RIP Ken.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Sorry for your loss Dave..
At least he went quietly and peacefully

brian carragher

Site Supporter
In time to come you'll be able to look back and be pleased you were able to be with him and give him a last hurrah and a peaceful passing, it might not be much comfort to you right now but in the months to come it will

My dad died not too long back so I know what thoughts you have going on in your head and for what its worth you and the wife have my sympathies

Well done on a personal level for helping Ken through it's not the easiest of things to do, chin up and be grateful he went on well and without pain

Chervil

Site Supporter
Thinking of you and your family. Glad you got to be with him at the end. I was at my dad's bedside when he passed and I know how much it means.