Very difficult to write

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear your family's bad news Dave! From the sound of it, he's going out on full blast, (as I imagine he has lived his life, from what I have heard of him)! I will be praying for him Dave!

JayD

Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, and can only add to what others have said, in wishing the best for you all.
I said on another post that life is made up of memories, and it sounds like your Dad has already provided you with plenty of good ones over the years, and is still at it. All I can advise is to embrace, and absorb them all, past, present and future.
Take care mate

John.

JayBee

Site Supporter
As most of you know Ken (dad) was re- admitted to hospital because the diabetic ulcer on his foot wasn't healing properly. Unfortunately gangrene had set in and three of his toes turned black. This is very difficult to write, the surgeon told us that normal procedure would be amputation. Unfortunately, his blood circulation isn't good enough to heal the surgery and taking into consideration his age and other problems it would be very, very risky to attempt the surgery even without the poor circulation. They had decided, therefore, not to operate and just send him home on palliative care.
He is now home, pain free and full of beans. The nurse has told him that his toes will drop off without him realising. He doesn't seem to realise how serious his condition is. We realise that he will go downhill very quickly if he gets an infection but we are not saying that to him and are just trying to keep him happy for the time he has left.

On a lighter note, on the day that he was being discharged a nurse told him that he had to be off the ward by 12:30, his reply...."why, will I lose my deposit if I'm not".

When he got home the first thing he did was put his alexa on and start singing. The next door neighbour shouted "Ken give us you're my best friend" Ken duly obliged and Hank Williams was soon blasting out. Then the whole close came into their back gardens and sang along with him, there wasn't a dry eye in the family. I have to close now as I am choking up thinking about it.
Well Dave, that news is not good on one hand, but so heartening to hear that Ken's liveliness still exists. He is obviously much loved by family, friends and neighbours, hopefully that will be of great comfort to you and all concerned........Good Luck Ken.

feldri

Site Supporter
So sad to hear. The last few years of reading about you and your dad's exploits in the past really hit home for me. I really wish I'd had a father like yours instead of the b*****d I got. Thoughts are with you and yours mate, all the best.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Very sad to read this Dave. Your Dad sounds like a brilliant bloke. It always difficult when you feel so helpless and there is nothing you can do. My thoughts to you all.