Venues to fish north England

Stott

Site Supporter
Hi guys my first post: I would like to know where to feeder fish in the north of England, preferably wild fishing for bream? Although I am interested in some match fishing to attend when thing get back to some normality!! I live in Glasgow and I’m willing to travel the distance. Some mixed fisheries information would be much appreciated also.
Regards Robert

Simon R

Site Supporter
Try using the search facility
This thread from last month should give you some ideas:

Simon

FEN

It's been a long while since I fished them, but what about Loch Ken and Loch Maben. A bit nearer for you!

fredradac

Site Supporter
Definitely Loch Ken.
What is the status of Castle Loch at Lochmaben these days? I do have fond memories of that lake catching bream there for the first time in (takes deep breath) the summer holidays of 1964.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Remember piking at Loch maben in maybe 1978 ish.
Sure we used to fish a lake at Aspatria.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I was going to suggest both Loch Ken and Loch Maben, it is a long time since I have fished either but it used to be a long chuck with a feeder. If you want to travel further afield you could give Semerwater a try but be warned it can be very exposed but the fishing can also be very good (again caveated with I haven't fished it for a good few years. There is also the Whittle dean complex in Northumberland, if you catch it right there is some top quality roach fishing to be had and both can be fished on day tickets.

FEN

62 TUCKER. Long time ago again and only fished Aspatria a couple of times. I believe it was called Brayton Carp pool..

Does anyone now how the above places are fishing these days. I used to love a trip up to Loch Ken both for the fishing and the good crack we used to have in Ken Muir Arms. I think I stopped fishing there when they got an infestation of crayfish!

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
Hi guys my first post: I would like to know where to feeder fish in the north of England, preferably wild fishing for bream? Although I am interested in some match fishing to attend when thing get back to some normality!! I live in Glasgow and I’m willing to travel the distance. Some mixed fisheries information would be much appreciated also.
Regards Robert
Pennington Flash in Leigh near Wigan holds a lot of double figure bream but probably a bit further south than you were wanting to travel . Huge water too some 150 acres plus I think .

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
allegedly there are bream in Windermere

nejohn

Site Supporter
Windermere would certainly be a challenge as it is a very big and deep lump of water, if as suspected the numbers of bream are not great (I have visited the area very often but have not seen any bream caught) then location would be the key. Another lake in the area with potential is Bassenthwaite there are some good shoals of roach and dace to be had especially around the areas where the river Derwent runs in and out