Venue with near peg parking (fisheries upto 30miles from mk)

David_R

Hi Everyone,

I've recently got back into fishing after many years (15+ yrs). My dad also enjoys fishing and likes to tag along when possible.

I am trying to find day ticket venues with peg parking or close by parking to make things easier for him for those times he wants to come along.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks
David

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to the site. Venues in Northamptonshire.

Billing Aquadrome. Not fished it much but as I recall some of the lakes are accessible from adjacent roads in the park.

Castle Ashby has pegs on all three lakes that you can park behind or close to.

Then there is the Wellingborough club waters at Ringstead (29.2m from MK centre). Yes you would need to buy a club book (£45 adult, £30 seniors Jan - Dec). Both lake and river has pegs with parking behind. Snake lake has 5/6 disabled pegs in the car park. Platforms going in on the river and the road behind planned to be improved for year round access.

Stanwick lakes ( A45 junction with A6) may have access to some pegs from the car park.

@Peter should be able to tell you if Alders Farm has parking behind pegs.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
No parking behind the pegs at Alders Farm I'm afraid @Neil ofthe nene , However the staff are very helpful and can be relied upon to get a person and their tackle to the majority of the pegs on the fishery if needed. A quick chat with the staff in the on-site tackle shop should take care of it. :upthumb:

@keith @911

Last edited:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Depending on your definition of close by and how mobile your dad is some of the mkaa venues have parking that's pretty close to the water. I'm about 13-14 miles northeast of Oxford myself so I mostly fish in Oxfordshire but I'm close enough to MK, about 22-23 miles I think, that a couple of my venues might fall within your 30 mile limit. I'm over in MK enough to have had the odd wander around some of the venues over that way as well.

David_R

Thanks Guys. I've fished Alders once before and castle ashby many years ago. Does anyone know the latest with grendon lakes? This use to be super convenient.