Venue Needed - Staffs / Chesire / West Mids - Been round in circles !! Ideally Nets / Pleasure venue

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Hi All

Every year three of us old boys meet up for a couple of sessions and a weekend away. We live in Notts / Derbys and one in Shrewsbury area, so ideally always try and get a venue half way between us, but have fished in both Notts and Shropshire over the years.

For the past couple of years we've fished Cudmore / Stoke - We like Varied lakes / Nets ( we like a weigh in and banter) and enough space to chat etc without bothering anyone else. We are all fairly proficient pleasure anglers and can fish most methods

This year ( we usually go between Easter / June) we are looking for something different / new venue - Ive done some net research and drove myself crazy with options. ( nets the main issue)

Ideally ( its a dream list :) )
1. Allows nets
2. Not too far to pegs ( we aren't spring chickens)
3. halfway 'ish between notts / shropshire
4. Varied lakes / fish ideally - not only Carp focused
5. Obvs Day ticket
6. maybe more than one lake - there for up to three days
7. Onsite accommodation / Hotel close'ish
8. not Snake lakes only.

Admittedly a long list - any ideas guys? Am I missing somewhere? Any hidden gems?

Cudmore has been good but like the new / unknown !!

endpeg

Boldings in Bridgnorth, not sure if he will let you put nets in tho unless you book matches!
Awesome fishery Ed who owns it is a brilliant bloke.
We go every year for 3 days loads of places to stay in Bridgenorth.
Drive round all the lakes plus you can get food delivered to your peg!

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
This place is full of fish, varied species and nets allowed. Park behind most pegs. Don't know about accommodation but give Jain a call and she'll be only too happy to help. Lovely lady, nice well kept fishery.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I know it is not half way between Notts and Shrewsbury but Docklow pools is not a million miles away from either and is probably one of the nicest commies in the UK, they have onsite accomadation and the fishing is top notch, I have fished it quite a few times and by what you are saying ie not all carp related then Mickey Mouse lake sounds right up your street (had some cracking roach from that pool)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I need to try Boldings myself, just realised I only live half an hour away from there and looks great!

There's always Patshull Park if you like Bream but lake is only open from August.

corkycat

Larford Lakes. No nets, but on-site accommodation, three lakes, all thick with fish, some bream and tench, park behind most pegs. IMO it is not so much a comm, more a mature gravel pit(s).

Krh57

Site Supporter
Have you considered Tunnel Barn Fishery, think it ticks most of your boxes !