veggys your having a laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill G

Grandad
ive got nothing against what people eat be they veggys or omnivores but, are veggys just a little bit hypocrytical , i mean why do they have there food made to look and taste like meat for instance sausages made from whatever they make them from soya mince as the name suggests made from soya nut cutlets made from err nuts made to look and taste like lamb chops dont get me wrong i dont mind what they eat but when asked most of the people i know who are veggys say they dont like the taste of meat and or dont agree with eating an animal for food so why make it taste and look like meat

ps .this isnt having a go at veggys ,i would just like to know why they make it taste and look like meat[8D]

jduck1979

John D
beats me....... I've had the misfortune to try some of these articial meat products (one of the hazards of being in a family that owns a grocery store).
Tried some QUORN "Southern fried chicken" fillet thingys a year or two ago. Tasted more like a piece of soggy bread than "Southern fried chicken". While "Soya mince" I often had the misfortune of having to eat (more unsold cr*p) always gave me the mother of all indigestion afterwards :-(

chris w

pc problem solver
i think its because people eat with their eyes and not there taste buds

norm

if you were supposed to be a vegetarian and not eat animals why did god make cows out of meat

Dragman

I remember a few years ago when myself and my friends hubby done the barbie for their daughters 18th.... we had friends there that were veggies...

We were told to keep the "real meat" ones separate from the veggies, so they were on half and half..

Well........ attempting to barbie those "veggie burgers and sausages" they just fell apart.. so a bit of quick thinking we dumped them in the bin and put "real meat" ones one the side where the veggies were supposed to be....[}:)]

When dishing them out to the veggies.. they ate them and said they were the best they'd had and wanted to know what brand they were... [:D]

We kept quite and didn't even tell his missus [;)] i don't think she even knows to this day what we done [:D][:D][:D]

Bill G

Grandad
looking through the threads there is one named wine so was wondering what wine goes with nut cutlets or veggy bangers [:D]

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Originally posted by jduck1979

beats me....... I've had the misfortune to try some of these articial meat products (one of the hazards of being in a family that owns a grocery store).
Tried some QUORN "Southern fried chicken" fillet thingys a year or two ago. Tasted more like a piece of soggy bread than "Southern fried chicken". While "Soya mince" I often had the misfortune of having to eat (more unsold cr*p) always gave me the mother of all indigestion afterwards :-(

How some people will hide there dislikes
for the sake of popularity. drooling.gif
[;)] [:D]

Harry.

J

Chubonator
Funny you mention it, my family are veggies and i was for 7 years too. One of there biggest complaints is that all the Veggie food manufacturers try to make veggie food as much like meat as they can.

Which according to my parents totally defeats the point and really pi$$es them off, i think its society not individuals at fault here.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Ones that make me laugh are those that say I don't eat meat cos it's cruel what they do to the animals......and they stand there tellig me this wearing leather shoes and a leather hand bag.......

Steak please as rare as you like.....ummm mouth watering

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
we have a HARDCORE veggie in our school. She took it so seriously she even supported the P*TA - and she even went on to support the anti's who were against angling, just because she found out that i do fishing and she thought it was a "blood sport" *ahem* NO . She takes it to the point that it's not just about not eating meat, it's about raising money for people like that to fund research and she constantly goes on about animal cruelty. to be honest with you, i dont think she'll ever go in to a town with the word 'ham' in it! i tell her what the anti's do, (i've been unfortunate enough to actually have been attacked by them 2 years back in which i got hit over the head with a small pole of some sort and completley knocked out) - and she replies with "it's your own fault for fishing" - WHAT!??!?! - She actually takes vegetarianism to a whole new level.

I have nothing against veggies dont get me wrong, its just THAT one...
but i still dont see why some people dont eat meat when it tastes SOOOOOOO NICE! lol

Last edited:

pieman

Originally posted by jduck1979

You jammy sod living there jduck, do you fish the esk, i've a mate lives there[:D][;)]

Don

Originally posted by norm

if you were supposed to be a vegetarian and not eat animals why did god make cows out of meat
lmfao[:D][:D][:D] thats got rid of the Monday morning blues!

gibby

Funny thing with veggies, (a shed load of my ex's friends were lentil eating social workers) you invite them around to your place and you make an effort to serve veggie food. They invite you around to theirs - do they serve meat? do they F~~

ahammond

My eldest son and his wife are veggies. One thing that I have noticed is that it does not stop them shifting the booze when I am paying for it.

Last edited:

J

Chubonator
Originally posted by gibby

Funny thing with veggies, (a shed load of my ex's friends were lentil eating social workers) you invite them around to your place and you make an effort to serve veggie food. They invite you around to theirs - do they serve meat? do they F~~
That's not down to vegetarianism, that's down to arrogance mate, my Ma has allways got meat in for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.