Vass Waders

templegater

Site Supporter
Looking at buying a set of waders and seen the Vass ones have decent reviews. Not a bad price at just over 50 quid.
Anyone got these , are they good and what is the fit like do you order correct shoe size or go 1 bigger.
Thanks for any replies.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i had vass waders, the shoe size i ordered was normal 1 size bigger but the bloody calfs on the waders were tiny, i couldnt even get the wader on past my calf so if you can i would suggest going and trying on a pair or if you are skinny and healthy then you should be fine!

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Temlegater, I will be interested in any forth comming answers, as I am in the market for a new pair of waders, (the only problem is that I have wide feet, like barges) and so have to personally try the waders on. But if anyone can recommend wide waders, I would löök for them on my next UK visit.- Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack your post and good luck with the answers!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
i had vass waders, the shoe size i ordered was normal 1 size bigger but the bloody calfs on the waders were tiny, i couldnt even get the wader on past my calf so if you can i would suggest going and trying on a pair or if you are skinny and healthy then you should be fine!
That's the trouble I had, finding a pair of waders that fit over my calfs. Why is it everything these days is made for waifs?

In the end I opted for a pair of Snowbee neoprene thigh waders (I didn't want chest ones) and they're a perfect fit - and before anyone mentions my height, no they don't chafe my rollocks lol

I've just bought a pair of Muk Boots which are going back for the same reason, too tight on my calfs.

ATTICUS FINCH

That's the trouble I had, finding a pair of waders that fit over my calfs. Why is it everything these days is made for waifs?

In the end I opted for a pair of Snowbee neoprene thigh waders (I didn't want chest ones) and they're a perfect fit - and before anyone mentions my height, no they don't chafe my rollocks lol

I've just bought a pair of Muk Boots which are going back for the same reason, too tight on my calfs.
Surely your thigh high waders are just cut down wellies for normal people.
. joking aside I have the same problems with wellies that my calfs can't fit. Bloody annoying.
I might add that bib and brace sizes are a joke as well. I'm struggling to find a pair that can fit ,shall we say a portly figure, most xxxl sized ones aren't even close and only just fit my son who has to stand twice in the same place to cast a shadow.any recommendations wouldn't go amiss

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The Preston ones are reasonably generous.

When I got mine I tried several on and joking apart you'd have to strip naked and roll in a rub of Vaseline to get into some of them for the stated sizes.

trotter2

I have some thigh wader which I bought of eBay.
To say they are a tight fit is an understatement. I would suggest try before you buy definitely.