Van or car

Silure

Site Supporter
I always used a trailer for my tackle as the car was to small. I have just bought an old VW Passat Estate just for fishing and can get all the bits in the back. As it will be used just for fishing I will leave everything in it. Car parked in the back garden away from view of the road, As house is surrounded by fields only passers by are local farmers so no problems with security.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I’ve a transit. Absolutely love but the new diesel filters have killed them now. Next year I’ll get a petrol connect or car.
I don’t do diesel miles anymore

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Picked up my new fishing wagon today and it's now ready to carry my kit and be seen in piscatorial company. :upthumb:

1601656050731.png

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I've got an old Kia Carnival, it's perfect, it takes all my fishing kit, plus that of my B-I-L, when he comes over from the UK. Recently we were visited by family from the UK, no problem, just fit the required number of passenger seats back in, job done!

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I’ve a transit. Absolutely love but the new diesel filters have killed them now. Next year I’ll get a petrol connect or car.
I don’t do diesel miles anymore
Plenty of places that will gut the DPF and map it out......
I have got a T5 180 Bi-turbo and the EGR on those is a known issue to cause engine failure, I blanked it off and fitted an EGR emulator, I kept the DPF as I mainly use it for long trips.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I have got a T5 180 Bi-turbo and the EGR on those is a known issue to cause engine failure, I blanked it off and fitted an EGR emulator, I kept the DPF as I mainly use it for long trips.
I’ve had all that done. All the engine, filters etc cleaned. ECG value shut off, remapped ,4 new injectors. Runs nice now and pulls like a train.

snappyfish

NV200 - Great little van and great on fuel. Much better to drive than my old Mondeo estate. Easier to park also.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
I've got an old Zafira which handles plenty of tackle with the seats slid forward. If you get a newer one (mine's a 57 plate) the seats fold flat in the rear rather than just sliding forward or so I believe.
I had 67 plate 7 seater and seats did fold flat now have grandland x smaller boot so only just get tackle in with trolley

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Long wheelbase Mercedes sprinter here. I can all my kit in it and everyone else’s that’s fishing the same venue.