Van Den Eynde RS elite expanders

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Does anyone remember these pellets they were a pale grey light colour, they used to work best where I fished.

Any one know who produces these pellets or similar expander?

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I use bait tech Xpanders which are similar or were, I haven't bought any in years as I stocked up, some people say the older ones were better and they've changed but I wouldn't have a clue.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I used to use these pellets. Brilliant until they changed supplier/recipe. The new ones were useless. for 4 & 6 mil I now use unbranded ones I get from my local animal feed store. The Mainline ones are not too bad. And for 2 mils I use Xpand.

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Yes they were great pellets especially for flavouring or colouring.

I’ve never seen a pellet like them since and did stock up when I knew they were getting discontinued. I have bought some Sonu ones but not sure on how dark they are

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
They were brilliant, but as Neil says they became unobtainable, and no other were the same.

bris

Used to use these and then went on to the Bait Tech Xpands.
Now using the Sonu pro expanders, as no need for a pump, but feel like I don’t catch as well on these as well as I used to on the Van den Eyndes or Xpands. Anyone else found this?!

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Used to use these and then went on to the Bait Tech Xpands.
Now using the Sonu pro expanders, as no need for a pump, but feel like I don’t catch as well on these as well as I used to on the Van den Eyndes or Xpands. Anyone else found this?!
I know the sonu sink so must be something heavy in them from the off .. natural expanders I assume would balance nicely with a hook weighted buoyancy, might be me 🤷🏼‍♂️

bris

I know the sonu sink so must be something heavy in them from the off .. natural expanders I assume would balance nicely with a hook weighted buoyancy, might be me 🤷🏼‍♂️
Not something I’ve thought about, but the Sonus sinking immediately is very true. Not got many Sonu expanders left so may go back to pumping and buy the Xpands or maybe try the Mainline expanders.

I used to fish expanders a lot and do well on them, but the last few years I haven’t done great on them, and now thinking about it, that seems to coincide with when I stopped pumping expanders and starting using the Sonus 🤔

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I used to use them a lot till I realised I could catch more on a banded pellet. People say they're good in winter but I would be fishing maggot then anyway.

2ts

Site Supporter
The Van den Eynde RS Elite expanders changed around 2009,there was some concern about one of the ingredients i believe.

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Not something I’ve thought about, but the Sonus sinking immediately is very true. Not got many Sonu expanders left so may go back to pumping and buy the Xpands or maybe try the Mainline expanders.

I used to fish expanders a lot and do well on them, but the last few years I haven’t done great on them, and now thinking about it, that seems to coincide with when I stopped pumping expanders and starting using the Sonus 🤔
Makes you think doesn’t it, I’m thinking of trying the mainline ones or spotted fins F1

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
The Van den Eynde RS Elite expanders changed around 2009,there was some concern about one of the ingredients i believe.
That’s right I remember now! I heard something about the chemical in them, must have worked though as the fish loved them!