Vaccine

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
The Good News - SWMBO and I have just come back home having had the Pfizer injection. Everything went as smooth as silk.

The Bad News - Guys digging up our road have cut through the gas pipe feeding our house. So we've come home to No Heating, No Hot Water, Very Limited Cooking, (I hate microwave food!), and they say it won't be fixed until end of day tomorrow at the earliest! We're told that one of the potential side effects of the vaccine is shivers - so if we're shivering tonight we won't know if it's down to the vaccine or the lack of heating!

grey

Site Supporter
I know a lot of people who've had the first jab. On the whole there have been few reactions, none whatsoever for the Oxford that I know of, though a couple have had a mild reaction to the Pfizer: light-headedness, slight swelling - a bit woozy for a day or two etc

It's no worse than some of the effects after the flu jab, so no need for concern or to avoid it. Driving immediately after the jab might not be a great idea so plan accordingly. The 15 mins monitoring afterwards is reasonably important so don't be tempted to dash off.

spudnudd

I had no reaction to the Oxford Vaccine but three in my family have with headache tiredness that lasted just a couple of days its pot luck i will probably go down like a ton of bricks with second one in april . :)

ajaxer5

Site Supporter
I have had mine this morning at Sheffield Arena.
It was an absolute doddle and was only there for 35 minutes including 15 minutes observation.
What really struck me was the unfailing cheerfulness and interest in your welfare from All involved.
NHS staff and volunteers alike,absolutely brilliant.
Many thanks to all involved.

2ts

Site Supporter
Well I've been implanted, second jab in about ten weeks (Phizer)

The funny thing is when I got home the cat flap opened as I approached the door :eek:
The neighbours will be using you as a wifi hotspot :cool:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well my right shoulder is killing me with a dull ache from where the missus thumped it :eek:

I had the jab in the left arm but been walking around the house twitching my right arm, saying I can't do this that and the other when asked, and after a few hours of it she no longer saw the funny side and thumped it lol

HawkerMan

Site Supporter
Daughter just had hers in and out in 5 mins.
She's on the vunrable list as she has Cystic Fibrosis.

tysontim

Site Supporter
Just got the call from my doctors, Monday 9am for mine I asked which one and was told its the Oxford one I am getting,

62tucker

Site Supporter
Trials starting to mix the vaccine up.
Can’t see a reason why not.
Might work out better protection.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
just been chatting to my missus and she said most people in the Philippines's believe the vaccine will turn them into some sort of monster and will refuse to have it! they are the most superstitious population i have found anywhere in the world, told her the vaccine protects her, me, other we interact with and our future children so she must have it! madness!!!!!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i was watching and reading about the mixing and its a common thing to do anyway and Ebola (another highly infectious disease) was attacked that way, different vaccines have different triggers so it would make sense to have two different ones which have two different triggers.

Over 50s are the next group as well i read somewhere so that is also great news!

62tucker

Site Supporter
Only 3 % of Germans been vaccinated.
imagine the uproar here if that was us and that had 10%.
Boris be looking for a new job.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Not sure about that. It seems to me that the 'ordinary' person (ie not those who write to newspapers or who contact their local TV station) is of the opinion that it's impossible in the current unique circumstances to always do the 'right' thing. In other words, any country, and any party, could have quite easily have cocked it all up!

As for the UK being brilliant at vaccinating people, remember pride comes before a fall. What's round the corner?

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
how about instead of whats around the corner we celebrate the amazing British scientist, front line people and everyone associated with the vaccine, with of them delivering above and beyond, screw anything else!!!

This is the exact definition of Great Britain and being proud to be British!!!

Arfer Mo

Site Supporter
I've just had mine done, walked round to the surgery had the injection and back home in under ten minutes. Excellent organisation.