Vaccine

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Well I've had a bad night with side effects of the vaccine. Fever, muscle cramps and severe joint pain along with a splitting headache. All easing off now. My wife hasn't had any reaction at all to her jab. But it's worth it, just to be protected from Covid. I'm just going to take it easy for a couple of days.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Three good days and we could hit the 20m first vaccines given mark, but I suspect it might be four days. Either way we should be celebrating the 20 million first dose milestone early next week.

Over a third of the adult population of the UK.

Let that sink in for a few minutes.

Chervil

Site Supporter

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Got a dilemma now, been to my covid trial earlier to give blood, original plan was to reveal what you'd had if you got offered your NHS vaccine. They now want to do a crossover trial where you will be given the vaccine if you didn't get it the first time, or you get placebo if you did. You still wont know what you've had, but you will know that mid March you will have 1 or two doses and 3 weeks later you will know that you have had 2 doses. This vaccine still isn't approved but is expected to be soon. So do I go for the trial knowing that by early to mid April I've had 2 doses or leave the trial and get one of the approved ones ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wonder if those that have a bad reaction to it would have had a bad experience if they had actually caught the virus and developed covid?

DFL

Site Supporter
I wonder if those that have a bad reaction to it would have had a bad experience if they had actually caught the virus and developed covid?
I had the virus last April and side effects from the jab last week.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Well if the vaccine makes me feel this bad, then I definitely wouldn't want Covid. As bad as I feel, I'm very grateful to have the vaccine protecting me.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you still have side effects in the morning call your docs, or where you had the jab, just as a precautionary measure.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
If you still have side effects in the morning call your docs, or where you had the jab, just as a precautionary measure.
It's getting better so I expect I'll be better after a nights sleep. It's a small price to pay for being protected.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Interesting thought that. My parents and grandparents had covid then the vaccine within a few weeks, just beyond the minimum amount of time allowed before you can be jabbed having had it. Grandma had no covid symptoms and no reaction to the vaccine, mum had minor covid symptoms and no reaction to the vaccine, dad had fairly bad covid symptoms and the vaccine made him feel rubbish but only for a day and grandad had fairly mild covid symptoms yet the vaccine made him feel awful for a week. My uncle and auntie had their vaccines today so will be interesting to see how it effects them given they've not had covid. The doctors and nurses did apparently say to them all that people seem to get a worse reaction to the vaccine if they've recently had covid so I wonder if a lot of those that get reactions to the vaccine may have had covid without knowing 🤔

On the vaccine predictor I'm due mine end of June which is just before the 6 month mark since having had covid so could be quite timely given the fairly certain 6 month antibody protection you seem to get from catching it.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Three good days and we could hit the 20m first vaccines given mark, but I suspect it might be four days. Either way we should be celebrating the 20 million first dose milestone early next week.

Over a third of the adult population of the UK.

Let that sink in for a few minutes.
20 million reported today

1614528258994.png

It's no great surprise, but wow

62tucker

Site Supporter
20 million reported today

1614528258994.png

It's no great surprise, but wow
More or extra supplies from tomorrow. We need them as a lot of 2nd doses need doing.
I am counting the days as waiting for my 1st one yet.
Certainly don’t want to catch it and die now when we on way out of it.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
More or extra supplies from tomorrow. We need them as a lot of 2nd doses need doing.
I am counting the days as waiting for my 1st one yet.
Certainly don’t want to catch it and die now when we on way out of it.
Hopefully. We should start seeing things ramp up over the next month or so as production improves and newer vaccines become available.

Let's hope all the other KPIs keep going the right way.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
It would be really interesting when people post on this thread to add their age (ish) the type of vaccine and any symptoms following the vaccination.
I had the Pfizer jab on the 20th. I'm 50 something and had zero side effects. Due to the nature of my work (building) I am always bashing myself and felt no real pain following the jab, it was just like I had walked into a door frame. I was back out at work the following day...