Vaccine

davebike1

Site Supporter
I got my first jab lunchtine yesterday arm (left) a bit tender but i never felt the needle I am fine roll on the seccond jab !

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Well my wife and I have just our first vaccinations. We booked online yesterday and managed to get appointments for today. It has been a bit stressful, as the Lockdown has caused my wife to develop agoraphobia, which makes it very difficult to get her out of the house, on top of her physical disabilities. She never made it to her flu jab, because her anxiety caused her to have a fall on the way out of the house. So it was a big relief that managed to get out, get the injections and back without any drama. We've got the Astrazeneca one, which I'm very happy about. I'm feeling very relieved and a bit emotional, because it's been such a stressful time with my wife's illnesses.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
hope this helps helps you both going forward and there is light at the end of the tunnel

spudnudd

Thousands in France and Germany refusing to be vaccinated because of scaremongering it looks like they now have an abundance of the vaccine not long ago they were complaining they did not have enough.Macron and co. have certainly made a b-lls up.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Thousands in France and Germany refusing to be vaccinated because of scaremongering it looks like they now have an abundance of the vaccine not long ago they were complaining they did not have enough.Macron and co. have certainly made a b-lls up.
It's really backfired hasn't it? And it was all just because Macron wanted to put one over on the British after Brexit. Well by pouring scorn on the Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine, he inadvertently created a situation that has led to suspicion of any vaccine. And when the field reports on the performance of the Astrazeneca vaccine have come in, it appears that it performs much better in the field, than in the trials. As the BBC health correspondent said Macron may have to eat his words. The only problem for us, is if our nearest neighbour has a low uptake of the virus, and continues to have a high amount of cases as a result, then there are plenty of opportunities for the virus to mutate there, and strains could develop that the vaccines aren't effective against.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Unfortunately France and Germany (and arguably the EU) have been playing politics with the vaccination to cover up for their own mistakes. They have been playing with people lives and deserve everything that's coming to them. It's just a shame that with respect to the various EU populations the damage has been done.

Boris may not have been perfect in his handling of Covid (who has been?), but at least I am of the opinion that he's been playing with a straight bat throughout.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Well if Merkel is refusing to have it, what can you expect.

Do you understand people who do not want to be vaccinated with this means?

Astra-Zeneca is a reliable vaccine, effective and safe, approved by the European Medical Agency and recommended in Germany up to the age of 65. All the authorities tell us that this vaccine can be trusted. As long as the vaccines are as scarce as they are now, you cannot choose what you want to be vaccinated with.

In view of this problem of acceptance, should you not lead by example and get vaccinated?

I am 66 years old and do not belong to the recommended group for Astra-Zeneca.

You may have to right-click to translate (unless, of course you speak German)

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I think that the EU should just hand their Astrazeneca vaccines over to the Covax organisation. There is a need for vaccines in many parts of the world, and I'm sure they will make good use of them.

Keith Sparky

I think that the EU should just hand their Astrazeneca vaccines over to the Covax organisation. There is a need for vaccines in many parts of the world, and I'm sure they will make good use of them.
I would really really hope that our closest neighbours catch up with the UK program as soon as possible as without the EU being I the same place as the UK our lives and economy will not recover strongly

Tristar

Site Supporter
Had mine yesterday. Very impressed and appreciative of the whole process on arrival. I had the Pfizer one, sat down for 15 minutes. Only side effect is a sore upper arm when touched.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
28million people in the UK have received their vaccine, 26million across the whole of the EU - we're not doing so bad in the grand scheme of things ;)
Wow 10 million jabs in 24 hours thats some good going. Come on Dave get with the programme :jump:

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I would really really hope that our closest neighbours catch up with the UK program as soon as possible as without the EU being I the same place as the UK our lives and economy will not recover strongly
The trouble is that since Germany and France wrongly declared the Astrazeneca vaccine as ineffective to be used on over 65s, and Macron decided to score points over Britain, the Germans and especially the French public of any age are refusing to accept the Astrazeneca vaccine. And many are refusing vaccines altogether. So no matter how effective their vaccine delivery service is, it won't be effective if they can't get the public to turn up to the vaccination centres. Here in the UK, we have a problem with the BAME population taking up the vaccines. In France and Germany they have the same problem across the whole population.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Ihope the Astra Zenica is good for the over 65s because im 78 and that was vaccine i had

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Ihope the Astra Zenica is good for the over 65s because im 78 and that was vaccine i had
It is very good for everybody. It's proved to be a very good vaccine based on real world data. The EU chose not to recommend it for over 65s, because there wasn't enough test data from that age group. But it seems that they were wrong. Follow up tests on over 65s shows a high level of immunity, and an even higher protection against becoming seriously ill.

spudnudd

Good to see the Queen giving her support for the vaccine it was mentioned that she did the same in the 1950's for the polio vaccine and i was one of those kids that was given it at school in those days.Goes to show without that particular vaccine polio would be prevalent today.